6. Her Past

17th January 2021
8:00 am
Lee's Apartment

Jungkook was sitting on couch waiting for Mr. Lee as the maid went to call him. He was looking very calm from outside but only he knows how much of a big storm was inside him. Hyun-bin was glancing at him time to time, when his eyes fell upon the person approaching them. "Sir, Mr. Lee is here"

"Yes, Who are you and how can I help you young man?" Man in his mid-forties asked. Mr. Lee looked at Jungkook with a smile who was sitting on couch comfortably and then at Hyun-bin. He eyes then fell upon the other person who was standing just behind Jungkook in bodyguard's attire. He instantly knew the person sitting in front of him is not a common man, his aura held a power.

"He is Jeon Jungkook, CEO of Jeon Enterprises." Hyun-bin said. Mr. Lee nodded and sat on the opposite couch before saying "So what help does the biggest CEO of South Korea need from a small businessman?"

Hyun-bin was about to say something but was interrupted by Jungkook
"I won't beat around the bush and will expect the same from you Mr. Lee"
Mr. Lee looked at him in confusion after hearing his cold tone, but eventually nodded maintaining that smile.

"Sure"

"Where's Mi-rae?......Where's your adopted daughter Lee Mi-rae?"

As soon as Mr. Lee heard Mi-rae's name, the smile disappeared from his face.

"Mi- Mi-rae?"

He gulped

"W-Who are y-you? A-And
why are you asking about her?"
He stuttered

"That's not the answer to my
question Mr. Lee and
I told you not to beat around the bush."
Jungkook glared at him.

Mr. Lee sighed
"She went missing twelve
years ago."

"How? How the hell
did you treated my Honey
that she went missing? Huh??"

Jungkook gritted his teeth.
He was trying to control his anger.

Mr. Lee's eyes widened upon hearing him as he asked,

"Are you her Bunny?"

Jungkook's breathe hitched
he gulped but immediately
nodded.

"How did you know?"

Mr. Lee chuckled before
making an eye contact with him

"You know when we were
adopting her, how much
tantrums she throwed
because of you"

"She did not want to be adopted, saying that her bunny had promise that he would come back for her. If he comes back and doesn't see his honey, he will feel so bad that's why she won't move in with us."

Mr. Lee chuckled and shook his head remembering that moment and continued.

"Only I know, how hard I tried to convince her."

Jungkook could feel tears forming in his eyes.

"She took a promise from
us that we would let her meet
you whenever you'll approach her. Infact I promised her that I'll bring
her to you."