19. Harassment

7th February 2021

5:05 pm

Mi-rae was waiting for the papers to exit the printer while she stood next to it. She was alone herself in the printer area, busying herself with all the things she needed to do after that. And suddenly she heard footsteps and sensed someone standing behind her. She didn't turn around since she assumed it was a visitor who had come to use the printer.

As soon as her papers were out, she gathered them and began to arrange them. This was not even her work but yet she was doing it as always. After turning around, she saw the person in front of her, which caused her heart to beat more quickly.

She had felt uneasy about one particular man ever since she started working at the company. She struggled to smile and bow when he remarked, "Hello, beautiful lady," in a flirtatious manner that just made her feel more awkward. She scanned the surroundings, but saw no one there, which just heightened her anxiety. There was nobody there because it was already late in the day and everyone was at their desks finishing up their work in order to leave for home on time, moreover this area was away from the working area.

She made an attempt to get away from him by moving past him, but as she did so, she felt hands on her waist, which made her fear grow. She jerked those hands in a split second and looked around to see the person in front of her grinning wickedly.

She was unable to talk and was too afraid to ask him, why he did it using hand motions. "What's the rush?" He smiled as he stated. She was too terrified as the unpleasant memories of the past appeared before her. She was reliving that gloomy night. She moved back while he moved forward. "Don't be sacred sweetheart? What's wrong?" He asked in a spooky voice while tears began to collect in the corners of her eyes. She didn't realise the doors were closed until her back brushed the door, she was utterly afraid. She began breathing heavily as her trauma began to surface.

He closed the distance while grinning, and put his hands on her shoulder. "After so long waiting, today you have come to my hand. Let's not waste time, okay?" he asked as he stroked her shoulder. She shook her head aggressively and clung on to the door. He looked like a hungry beast to her.

"You smell so good, just like flowers," he murmured as he leaned in to sniff her neck. She froze as his nose brushed her neck; her trauma had restrained her from moving even a millimetre. He moved his head to face and leaned forward to capture her lips and said "Let's have some fun sweety" but at that very moment she came back to her senses.

She pushed him which made him furious as he held her hand tightly causing her to hiss. "Do not provoke me, bitch, or the outcome won't be good." Her heart sank as the previous incident of her life flashed before her eyes.

There was just one thought running through her mind: that demon had said the same thing to her. The words "bitch" and "little bitch" kept repeating in her ears like a radio. But when he clutched her breast, she jerked back to her wits, shoved him away with all her might, sending him tumbling to the ground. She attempted to open the door but was unsuccessful, leaving her terrified to death. In the hopes that someone may hear her, she began banging it.

As she was banging the door, she felt that unwanted presence too close to her back. She was on a spot no girl ever wants to be in their life. People say that these monsters, demons and all do not exist, but I say that they do exist. There is an animal inside every human being, but it depends on the person whether to keep that animal under control and remain as human or become a monster by coming under the control of that animal. Right now the person who was in front of Mi-rae was a demon who allowed his inner beast to dominate him.