18. Confused heart

7th February 2021
9:30 am

Two days passed and in these two days, Jungkook used to come to book cafe everyday on some pretext or the other. He would sit at the glass side table and peer into Mirae's shop, hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

Even today, Jungkook was standing outside the book cafe to catch a glimpse of Mirae, but to his misfortune, he still could not see Mirae's shadow. After waiting for two hours, when he could not help it, his steps automatically moved towards the flower shop.

He himself had no idea that how someone has taken such a hold on his mind and heart that instead of being in his company, he was wasting all his time to catch a glimpse of her.

It is not that he was neglecting his company, rather he was doing all his work sitting in the book cafe itself. But yes, the person who used to work in the company till one o'clock in the night did not go to office for the last two days.

Jungkook's steps dragged him to the shop but he was hesitant to go inside.
After debating for few seconds he finally entered the shop. He looked around but could not find any sign of Mirae.

"Where is she?", he asked himself in a murmur. While scanning every angle, he felt like a thief sneaking away when someone touched his shoulder from behind, making him recoil. "Are you searching for anyone, sir?" Jungkook felt as though he had been caught red-handed when the man in front of him inquired.

In search of an explanation, Jungkook yelled, "I-I... TULIP," causing the man to scowl in perplexity. "I'm here to buy some tulips....yeah for tulip nothing else" Jungkook spoke while nodding as if trying to convince himself that he was only there to purchase some tulips.

"But gentleman, it's not tulip season," He said. Awkwardly grinning, Jungkook abruptly recalled that this what Mi-rae had informed him the previous time. "I can display other blossoms to you." The man suggested.

"But I just want to see Mi-rae" Jungkook muttered to himself as he scanned the store with his gaze. "Have you said anything, Sir?" The man's brows furrowed as Jungkook forced a grin while shaking his head. "Nothing....I just asked your name" He asked attempting to cover up.

"Seo-jun...... Sir, have you come to purchase bouquet, potted flower or plant? "Seo-jun questioned. After recalling Mi-rae's final talk with him, Jungkook uttered "Potted Flower" with a gentle smile on his lips. "Sir, shall I show you different flowers as tulip is unavailable for now." Seo-jun asked making him nod in response.

...

Seo-jun was describing various blossoms to him for a few minutes, but he was oblivious to everything. He appeared to be expecting Mirae to magically materialise in front of him as his eyes repeatedly scanned the store.

He groaned helplessly, unable to contain his desperation. He eventually asked the question that had been circling through his mind ever since he walked into the shop as he turned to look at Seo-jun. "Where is Miss Kim, I wonder?"

Seo-jun gave him a bewildered expression before realising who he was referring to. " Miss Kim? Oh, are you talking about sweetheart.... I mean Mi-rae?"

When Jungkook heard the term "Sweetheart," his ears perked up and a different fire began to burn inside of him. He realised that the guy standing in front of him was the same person he had previously seen with Mi-rae. He kept his composure and nodded.

 "Yeah actually it's her on site working day so she must be in the company." He said idly as he arranged some flowers. "Please deliver that Sakura Bonsai plant to this address", Jungkook said as he swiftly gave him a card. He took the card and was confused to see Jungkook approaching the counter, reading the QR code through phone, and then leaving after paying.

"From past 30 minutes he saw all the flowers just to buy a bonsai plant?" Seo-jun looked at the company card after whispering, and his eyes grew wide. "JEON ENTERPRISES"

3:33 pm

This man was tapping his feet impatiently in the elevator as it was rising each floor. He was none other than Jeon Jungkook.

Hyun-bin was occasionally staring at him since he was unsure about the purpose of their visit to Delta Technologies. They are here instead of where they were meant to be—at their company, meeting with investors. Can he confront his ceo, though? Ofcourse, no!

Hyun-bin was staring at Jungkook with that perplexed expression, and Jungkook was fully aware of it, but he himself had no explanation for why he had abruptly cancelled all of his meetings in order to be here, so how could he respond to Hyun-bin? He no longer has a reason for his behaviour since he believes he can no longer control it.

'Since I haven't seen Jimin Hyung in how many days, he is the reason I'm here. Yes, that's right' he thought, nodding to himself.

He suddenly had the impulse to stop the lift as it was about to arrive at this particular floor. And to his luck, the elevator halted as some staff members boarded it and bowed to him. The elevator door closed before Jungkook could get a good look at the one woman he had been desperate to see since the morning.

'Why did I try to learn Mi-working rae's hours if I'm here for Hyung?' He swallowed.

1 hour later

"I'm still taken aback by your unexpected visit. Are you sure everything is alright?" Jungkook was questioned by Jimin as they left the cabin. "You are acting as though I had never visited without being informed." Jungkook grinned sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant, but you showed up without warning initially, and then you kept mum."

"I had no idea that I needed an excuse to come see you." Now since Jungkook himself lacked the answers to Jimin's queries, he was annoyed.

"Ok ok chill"
Jimin chuckled

Both of them boarded the VIP elevator to descend to the first floor, but Jungkook had no idea how to direct Jimin to stop at the tenth floor. He had no justification for being there, or perhaps he did, but it was maybe absurd.

He attempted to restrain himself, but his hands betrayed him and pressed the button for the 10th floor. Jimin gave him a bewildered look, but he knew in his heart why Jungkook had acted that way.

Ara had told Jimin about the encounter between Jungkook and Mirae. Also, he discovers that Jungkook has been frequenting the cafe for the past two days and that he asked Ara about Mi-rae. Ara believes that Jungkook has begun to like Mirae, but Jimin is not convinced because he has witnessed Jungkook's yearning for his Honey.

But now when he is seeing Jungkook's desperation, somewhere he also feels that Ara's thinking might not be completely wrong.

"Kook is your heart confused? Have you started liking Mi-rae or are you finding your Honey in Kim Mi-rae?"

----------♡----------

It is said that all the complications of life start from this damn heart, idiot never gives clear answers.

-------------------------