26. Missing butterfly

*hey fam!!!

Hope you all are doing well??
Sorry for being extremely late this time and thanks to all those who were waiting patiently, means a lot :)

Here's the next update hope you'll like it.... please vote and comment if you liked the chapter
*

11th February 2021 (Same night)

10:00 pm

After what happened at Lee's apartment, all three were shocked. After seeing the pendant, the air there seemed thick to Jungkook and Taehyung, and on the other hand, Jimin was confused again, so the three hurriedly excused themselves and left. Taehyung was driving the car, and beside him on the front passenger seat was Jimin, busy calculating what all had happened today. On the back seat, Jungkook was completely lost and blank.

Taehyung slowed down at the red light, applied the brakes, and sighed. He first looked at Jimin, then at Jungkook from the rear view mirror. "She turns out to be smarter than we thought. She is a great schemer, I must say. " He said this while shaking his head.

Taehyung could feel his skin burning under someone's gaze. He glanced at his side to see Jimin throwing daggers at him. "What?" He asked, receiving a glare from Jimin. "You are still stuck there? Still confidently accusing her? Just take a break, dude," Jimin tiredly groaned while speaking.

Taehyung scoffed, Yeah, and you are still stuck defending her?" Jimin was about to fight back at his remark when Jungkook interrupted him by saying, Hyung, can we please talk about this tomorrow? I don't have any more energy left."

They both glared at each other more before glancing at Jungkook, whose head rested in the headrest of the backseat; his eyes were closed, and a tear escaped through his left eye. Their eyes softened at the sight.

Taehyung sighed and pressed the accelerator pedal just as the signal turned green. The rest of the journey was silent; no one dared to utter a single word.

00:00

"Happy Birthday Honey" Jungkook whispered while caressing a figure in the photo who was the smallest in the centre. His eyes where dry but still he was crying as if there were no more tears to shed.

" I will not be with you on your one more birthday. This year also I-" He couldn't speak further as words got stuck in his throat. He admired her figure in photo.

Flashback

12th February 2005

It was early morning, and a tiny creature was sleeping while hugging an old teddy bear, unaffected by all the noise that other kids made while waking up. It was none other than Mi-rae. A lady in her 30s came to wake her up after making sure all the other kids were awake.

"Good morning, little one." She whispered, stroking Mi-rae's cheeks. The lady shook Mi-rae a little. "Mi-rae, wake up baby.....look, everyone is up" She cooed, but that little girl just wiggled and slept, digging her face more into the soft plushie. The lady was about to try again when a boy in a sleepy tone spoke, "Ajhumma, I'll wake her up." She looked at the source of the voice to see Jungkook standing there while rubbing his eyes. She smiled at him, then glanced back at Mi-rae before bending down and pecking her cheeks. "Happy Birthday, Mi-rae!"

As soon as she left, Jungkook approached Mi-rae's bed and laid beside her before hugging her from behind. "♪⁠♪⁠ Wake up; the sun is up, the plants are up, everyone is up; when are you going to wake up? ...♪⁠♪" Jungkook sang as she wiggled and left her soft toy, only to turn around and snuggle into him. "YAH, I'm asking you to wake up, not to sleep more. Common, get up now." He said before pulling her away, but she just whined, "Annhhh, lemme sweep."