12. Fate

1st February 2021 (same scene)

Mi-rae was still in Jungkook's arm. She looked at him and her heartbeat quickened. She saw his eyes that were displaying so many emotions at a time. It felt like the time was stopped for them.

She started gazing at his face, looking intently at each of his features. His bunny face reminded her of HIM. Similar doe shaped eyes, round tip nose, thin upper lip but a bit chubby lower lip.

She felt so many things but like always she shrugged everything when she heard whispers around them.

She freed herself and stood up before bowing to him.

Jungkook still couldn't hear anyone around him as he unknowingly took a step forward since he wasn't liking the gap between them. He was about to take another step ahead when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He looked at the owner of hand to find Jimin standing with a frown. Jungkook's eyes held many things, he opened his mouth to say something but Jimin beat him in that. "Kook are you ok?"

Jungkook nodded and turned back to look at Mi-rae who was picking up the papers that fell from the file she was carrying. She stood up and bowed to them before leaving making Jungkook frown.

He turned towards Jimin "Hyung She-" His voice came out as a whisper as he pointed towards the direction Mirae went. Jimin saw his employees eyeing them so he took Jungkook to his cabin. "Let's talk in cabin"

...

"Hyung She-"
Before Jungkook could complete his sentence Jimin interrupted.

"She's a new intern here.
Kim Mi-rae"

As soon as Jimin told her name he saw how Jungkook's face brightened. Jungkook was only half way up from the seat when Jimin told him the whole thing not wanting to give him high or fake hopes.

"But I highly doubt that she's your Mi-rae. They just have same name, she isn't your Honey"

Jungkook again sat down with a thud.
"W-what do you m-mean?"

Jimin sighed he didn't know how to explain this. Moreover he wasn't able to see Jungkook's state.

"Remember Kook you always told me how sweet your Honey's voice is, how she used to sing her favourite song, how she used to complain to you everytime someone troubles her"

Jungkook immediately nodded after all he gave her that name because to him her voice was like honey.

"Well the lady you just saw....
umm... How to say this......
Well she's voiceless I mean she can't talk Jungkook."

"And not just this even her surname is different, she had a grandma who passed away a year ago. It means she had a family before."

Jungkook felt devastated. Just a few moments ago, he felt as if someone had switched on the light in his house, but now it seems that there is probably an electric shortage in his entire area.

"How can this be ... h-how"
He whispered to himself, he didn't know why he felt so connected to her then.

"Hyung but she even look like her.... same pretty eyes, same nose.....she had kind of same features."