17. A new entry

4th February 2021

2:56 pm

Jungkook once again glanced at the flower shop before heading to where his car was parked with Ara beside him followed by Jorden, his bodyguard.

Ara asked him to give her lift as she had some work with Jimin and so he agreed. She was walking beside him noticing a kind of hesitation within him while he didn't know why he was having an urge to again go back inside the shop.

They sat in the car to leave for their destination as Jorden started the car. Their was a silence for few minutes which Jungkook broke.

"Umm- your friend.... I mean Mirae....since how long do you know her?"
He asked Ara who was scrolling through her phone. She was startled with the sudden voice.

"Umm- I think I've seen her from an year now but I know her from few months..... the first time I talked to her was when we accidentally bumped into each other and I kind of shouted on her"

She felt Jungkook glaring at her when she said the last line, so she turned to him and raised her brows, "What?"

He just shook his head
"When did you guys became friends?"

"Oh, one day I had a little accident and she took care of me, she treated my wounds, took me home with her... and yes, from that day on, I made sure I was always by her side"
Ara said remembering the day.

"But we...I mean she has just started getting comfortable with me from past few days.....Guess what now even she thinks of me as a friend."
She proudly exclaimed.

"Believe me, if you ever enter her cosy appartment then you'll know how different and pure she's."

"Umm earlier she felt uncomfortable when I asked about her grandma...I-is she.."
Jungkook hesitated which Ara understood.

"Yes, her grandma passed away last year due to age factor....I never met her but I saw her pic in Mi-rae's appartment and you know she really loves her Grandma"

Jungkook nodded understanding
"So she lives with her parents?"

Ara shook her head and sighed heavily.
"Apart from Granny, she had no one in this world....now even Granny left her"

'Is she also an orphan just like how me and honey was?'
He thought gulping as there was a wave of emotion that just hit him.

"What do you mean?"

"Her parents died in an accident when she was a kid"

'Is it fire accident?'
He thought trying to stay calm.

"What kind of accident?"

"I've never talked to Mirae personally about it since I don't want to hurt her....but I asked about this from Miss Elsa who used to work with Grandma."

"She told me that Mi-rae's parents died in a car crash, she was also with them but luckily she survived"

Jungkook felt disappointed once again. After that he didn't say anything and just looked outside. He didn't know what was more upsetting, her struggling life or the fact that she didn't turn out to be what he thought.