Back For Good PT.2

I convinced Yeonjun to stop the car just before the entrance to the luxurious event space. There were several photographers and journalists dying for an exclusive. And that's exactly what I would give them, but with no need to involve Yeonjun.

I got out of the car watching everyone in the distance and took a last breath before starting to walk with my best pose. I passed by a group of journalists who were staring at me as if trying to associate a face with a name and stood next to the beautiful receptionist, right at the foot of the stairs that gave access to the event.

- Good night and welcome! Can you give me your name, please? - She greeted with her best smile placing the tablet in her hands.

- I don't think my name is on the list, but you asked with such enthusiasm... - I changed my handbag and held out my free one - Nice to meet you, I'm Mina Myoui.

As soon as I said my name, the place became a chaos. Photographers on the left, journalists on the right, both forcing their bodies against the restraint rope to get a better angle and my attention. I pretended not to notice anything going on around me, but I have to admit I love all the fuss. I maintained my superior air and kept my eyes focused on the girl in front of me.

- Just a minute, Miss Myoui. It's just that I don't know if I should let you in... - the words came out more and more spaced out of her mouth and her face quickly alternated from the security guard to me and vice versa.

- Well, you know who I am - I smile getting closer to her and put my mouth next to her ear - Please call Felix for me.

The girl looked at me even more shaken and sent a command through the microphone hanging on her ear. I turned my head around the place and the calls for my name increased even more. It was almost impossible to make out what they were saying, question after question, requests and compliments.

- Mina, a pose, please!

I turned my body in the direction of the voice and looked at a young man who smiled when he saw that he was reciprocated in the midst of that madness. He was fighting to keep his place among the skilled paparazzi with an iphone in his hand swinging back and forth. I smiled at his situation and decided to answer his request. I brought my free hand to my mouth and blew him a kiss, blinking right back to receive a cheerful smile in return.

- Mina? - a familiar voice called making me turn my attention forward.

- Felix! - he smiled in a mix of confusion and joy leaning in for a quick hug - Can you help me here? I know I'm not on the list, but I'm trying to surprise my family since today is a very important day for them. I just got back from a trip and they have no idea.

- Oh, you came to support your father's campaign! He's going to have a meltdown when he sees you here.

- I'm counting on it.

Getting in was easier than I expected. Felix insisted on accompanying me inside the political event. Huge posters with the photo of the illustrious Akira Myoui were plastered everywhere, accompanied by phrases and promises that are common to every self-respecting politician.

Once inside the hall, I was impressed with the amount of people that were there. Apparently my father had increased his area of influence in this city. I could recognize some faces from my time as an intern at his company and others that I saw on tv from time to time spreading their own political advertisements, all with their self-seeking, vain faces, pretending to feel appreciation for something beyond themselves. I would need alcohol in my system if I was going to face this.

Felix left me at the bar to sort something out and I could see the curious gaze of some people around hovering over me. If I could read minds, I'd love to be entertained by their theories about my presence here. I poured myself a glass of champagne and stayed where I was, looking around for people who might be of interest to me. To my momentary delight, Sana wasn't there, at least I couldn't find her.