Surprise

The class was about to end and I found myself sitting in front of the piano strumming some song while waiting for my girlfriend. Three voices were echoing through the auditorium at the moment: Chaeyoung's, another student's and Wooyoung's. Yes, he is here, I had forgotten that they have classes together, but that's beside the point now. The moment that rough hair crossed the door, my mood changed drastically and Chaeyoung noticed.

At the beginning of the class I really let myself go, even though I complained about having to act as a monitor, I found myself incredibly willing to do my best for them. Mrs. Young made everything even more interesting when she decided to play a game and separated the class into two teams: Son and Myoui. It was really funny how happy some people were to be with us, Chaeyoung proved to be quite influential among the students. Who could have imagined, my girlfriend is popular.

But then Wooyoung arrived and the smile disappeared from my face. He insisted on going to Chaeyoung's team and she noticed my discomfort, her eyes were always attentive to mine, begging for patience from afar, and her lips curved into somewhat reassuring smiles. She was worried, but as angry as I was, I didn't want to ruin her fun too.

My problem wasn't her, I trusted Chaeyoung blindly. I know that sometimes people can misunderstand the cute way she always tries to treat everyone, but this was something I had to learn to deal with, as I had fallen in love with it myself. My real problem was the words he said to me the time we met at the bathroom, it made my head feel like hell every time we met and an immense desire to make him swallow each one of them took over me. I finished playing the song and without realizing it, I hit the bass keys with unnecessary force, drawing everyone's attention.

- Sorry - I said with a disconcerted smile and took a quick look at the trio in the audience area. Chaeyoung didn't seem to understand and I didn't feel like explaining.

- I don't remember there being such a drastic ending to this song – Mrs. Young surprised me by sitting next to me on the small bench.

- You know how I like more intensity than normal - I shrugged, lowering my gaze towards the keys again. I could see, from the corner of my eye, her face directed towards mine and completely still. - What? - I looked at her, giving up and seeing a smile appear simultaneously on our faces.

- You're in love, I've waited a long time for this day - my smile grew even wider with the surprise of her words.

- Did you wait? And how do you know I'm in love?

- Well, the two romantic songs told me a lot. And when they told me that Myoui Mina had declared herself to a girl from above the stage, I was very intrigued and started watching you in the corridors.

- Were you stalking me, Mrs. Young? - I joked, turning my body towards her and she laughed softly.

- I was curious! - she laughed again - And when I saw that your love interest is Chaeyoung, I was even happier. She's a great girl.

Her gaze changed direction and I did the same, throwing my head to the opposite side to observe my girlfriend. Chaeyoung was trying to encourage that student to be more open, throughout the class she remained quiet and silent, only answering if the question was directed at her. It was beautiful to see her concern for others and her determination to help.

- She was always very special. – Mrs. Young said almost in a sigh. - When I saw her for the first time, before the accident, she was alone, clutching tightly to her notebooks and looking down. I remember seeing her as a challenge and wondering if she would find it in my class.

- You love the problematic ones - I joked with a smile on the corner of my lips.

- What can I do? - She smiled winking at me. I myself was a target of her love - But she was still in the first semester, so we didn't meet much. That's when the accident happened, at the end of the year, and shocked everyone. The teachers spoke very highly of her, including her voice. No one knew for sure what happened, until this year she crossed the doors again and her eyes were covered with a huge white bandage, which surrounded her entire head. She was accompanied by her friend, I had seen them together a few times before, but nothing compared to how often I saw them now. Both were always together and, to my delight, attended my class. That's when I started to get closer. Chaeyoung was even quieter than before, this time for a plausible reason. Some students started teasing her in the corridors, making up jokes... It's disappointing to see these attitudes.