Maybe It's Love

- What was that Mina? - Sana asked as soon as she saw we were far enough away from everyone, sitting on a bench and pulling me to do the same.

Thoughts still weren't organized in my head, everything had happened so fast. One moment I was as happy as ever and the next I was being slapped in the face by the person I least expected.

- I don't know... - I finally answered once her eyes didn't leave me. My hand was on my face where the slap had been, lightly caressing the now sensitive skin.

- You lost control, again. - she sighed holding the other hand that rested in my lap.

- Not again, there are some days that I don't lose it like that and it wasn't even that whole thing, I barely cursed the boy.

- And you think it's right to have cursed him anyway?

- Since he asked for it... She still had to defend him. - I snorted, taking my hand from my face and punching it on my leg.

- Mina! What did this boy do to you?

- Anything. But he's not a good person, I know he's not, and Chaeyoung is glued to him twenty-four hours a day. The worst part is that afterwards she opens her mouth to say that she had no choice. Please, she might as well walk without holding onto his hands. - I rolled my eyes and, by the way Sana was staring at me, I could tell she noticed I was letting on too much.

- Chaeyoung is no kid, she knows what's good and what's not. - No she doesn't know. Who was I trying to fool? If he wasn't good for her I would be even less so. - You can't make decisions for her.

- She slapped me... - I said in a low voice as if, only now, I was realizing the truth of things.

- A very well given slap, by the way. - I looked up at her with a face of few friends making her laugh.

- Ha Ha - I sounded ironically.

- And what was that with Minho?

- Him being an idiot, like never before. He was high. - She widened her eyes.

- Minho? - I just nodded my head, my eyes fixed on the empty floor in front of me. - Since when?

- I don't know, but apparently it's been a while. Taehyun told me and I went into his room to see if I could find anything, it's the kind of thing you have to see to believe, you know? I was giving myself all the excuses in the world not to think that of him, but today I saw how much like me he looks. And I almost got punched it in the face too.

- Well, you have to talk to him before things get worse.

- By any chance, do troublemakers listen to anyone? - I looked at her in question. - Did I listen to you?

- No, but you have to try - she came forward before I dared to interrupt her sentence, which I really was going to do. - If he doesn't listen, at least your conscience is clear.

- My conscience is clear anyway. - I shrugged.

- Ah yes, and that's why you went to search his room? Because you was with a clear conscience? - I huffed, resting my elbows on my knees and rubbing my face with my hands. - Is that also why you're so angry with Chaeyoung, or is there something else?

She spoke with some reluctance, reminding me of the old days when she asked all my cases if they would turn into something more. I turned my eyes to hers quickly, encountering that amused distrust she always carried at these times. She looked like a child discovering the gift she could get for Christmas. I hated the fact that she knew me to such an extent, so I didn't even bother to deny it. I decided to save my time and my saliva by giving her what she wanted right away.