Old Days PT.1

I was in one of the director's offices reviewing, for what must have been the thousandth time, all those papers that had been given to me by my father, in case I was curious to find out what was happening. It wasn't in my plans to go so deep into them, after all I was just here passing through, I didn't need to be an expert in anything. But considering recent events, I thought it best to inform myself as much as possible before entering a room full of surly people.

- My God, they are horrible. - Nayeon commented as she entered, not even bothering to knock on the door first.

- What do you mean?

- It looks like they were all run over in the face on the way here. Seriously, they look at you crookedly, but it even makes you feel sorry because it looks like a facial problem. - I held back a laugh, but i think she noticed because a relaxed smile appeared on her face - And they seem to be boring, good luck to you.

- It was everything I needed in my life right now - I sighed, dropping the sheets on the table and leaning my back against the chair.

- You'll do well, your father already gave you the opinions, right? - I shook my head in confirmation - That's all you need, otherwise you'll do fine.

- Thank you - she smiled at our quick exchange of glances, the warmest since she had set foot in New York. - Let's go. - I got up from the chair, gathering all the pages into the portfolio.

- But there's this old redhead - she stopped suddenly making me collide with her. Her eyes came straight to mine over her shoulder. - I don't trust him, he looks like he's going to be a big problem.

- Never trust old redheads, they're all dickheads.

- All dickheads! - she repeated smiling when she saw me reproducing one of our old customs. Old men were our biggest target in the past.

I passed in front of her with my best smile and we went to the meeting room downstairs. Nayeon wasn't kidding when she described them to me, they really looked at you the wrong way and didn't seem anything less than unfriendly. As soon as I stepped into the room, all attention turned to me. It was difficult to keep my chin up at that moment, for the first time I saw myself weaken like that in front of older people, but I wasn't going to make it easy for them. The first impression is what remains and I definitely didn't like any of them.

I threw my things on the table and sat on the edge of the chair Changbin pointed out to me, without worrying about any of his etiquette rules. Changbin looked at me irritated and spoke up, announcing the start of the meeting and explaining my presence there. He then walked away, leaving an awkward silence among everyone. It was as if they were waiting for me to start something I had no idea it was. I looked for an answer there and only then did I realize that Nayeon hadn't accompanied me into the room.

- Excuse me - I dragged the chair, drawing everyone's attention and got up heading towards Changbin. - Where is Nayeon? - I whispered in his ear.

- Miss Im was not considered by your father to be at the meeting.

- I need her here. - I said, realizing what I was admitting at that exact moment. No matter how great our differences were, I still felt comfortable in her presence; Chaeyoung wasn't here and Changbin wasn't synonymous with anything to me.

- Any questions you have, you should report to me, Miss Myoui.

- You and a door, for me, are the same thing. If you don't want this meeting ruined and your job hunted, bring Nayeon in now.

I made my way back to the table trying to get my thoughts in tune.

- What is this girl doing here? - I looked up as soon as I returned to my seat, glaring at the old redhead who had spoken out. Nayeon is always right in her assumptions.