Here Comes Trouble

Days passed and Chaeyoung and I were growing closer. When Hongjoong and I were dating, I thought I had discovered love, but now I see I was completely wrong. Chaeyoung showed me what love is, because at no time could I express my feelings for her in words. Every day this became more difficult and sometimes I even found myself frustrated.

We were now on the verge of our first anniversary of dating. The first month together since I walked on that stage and asked her to be mine in front of all those people. I couldn't be happier.

That Wooyoung guy still appeared from time to time by Chaeyoung's side, after all I couldn't deprive her of her friendships, but they're not holding hands anymore, which is already a good start.

Lately I'm almost living in her apartment. We always want to spend the night together, but since I don't have my own place yet, the way was to stay in hers. Momo sometimes showed jealousy, I suspect she liked sleeping next to me much more than she admitted.

But even so, the last thing we did was stay in the apartment. I decided that I would take Chaeyoung to see the cool corners of that city since I knew some. We would walk for hours and hours observing as much as was possible for my eyes and her imagination. Central Park would be last, her choice. She said she would reserve it to appreciate with her own eyes thanks to all my fanfare for it's beauty.

Today the day was calmer than usual, it was a Saturday with open sky and a gentle breeze, perfect for dragging your best friend along with you in search of an old warehouse.

- I can't believe you convinced me to leave the comfort of my car to come by foot. - Momo complained for what must have been the thousandth time in less than twenty minutes.

- You were going around in circles!

- No, I was not. You're the one who can’t understand a GPS!

- I gave you the correct directions - I huffed stomping, her eyes rolled back and a smile appeared at the corner of her mouth.

- Two idiots. - I laughed being accompanied by her. - How are things between you and Chae?

- Are you sure you want to ask me that? - I exchanged a mischievous look with her.

- On second thought, no. But have you thought about what you're going to give her for your anniversary?

- Not yet. I was anxious about the date until the moment I remembered I need an idea for a gift. - I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I really didn't count on all this confusion.

- Have you thought about appealing to something simpler? Like rings, flowers, chocolate, one night of wild sex...

My astonished face with the last option was so absurd that Momo burst out laughing there, in the middle of the sidewalk.

- Let's not talk about these things, please.

- Why not? - she said still between laughs.

- Because we're not doing any of that yet.

Momo grew her eyes racing to catch up with me again.

- What?

- Why are you impressed? Chaeyoung is still a virgin and as you all know, she wants to wait a little longer.

- I'm not impressed with her but with you! That long without having sex is more than a record. You're not cheating on her, are you?

- No! Are you crazy?

- Don't talk like you've never done it.

- I know, but with her it's different. Believe it or not, I'm living well, sex is not my priority.