Nayeon

- You what? - Sana exclaimed muffled putting the bag next to me on the table, and sitting in the chair. - You... You didn't even tell me anything!

- It was too fast, I wasn't even aware of it. - I laugh remembering the first time between me and Chaeyoung.

- Then? How it was?

- That's not something you ask a lady. - Sana rolled her eyes making me laugh - I don't know how to describe it either - I sighed resigned to my inability to classify any moment I had beside her. - It was...

- You're so cute like that - she interrupted me - It's really nice to see you like that, Minari.

Okay, I didn't tend to get embarrassed or uncomfortable easily, but Sana had a way with these things that actually bothered me. I could feel the bubbling in my cheeks and she was having so much fun with it.

- Can you stop? I hate it when you do that - I snorted looking around quickly before dropping my eyes on her face again.

- So let's talk about something else: your dad and Nayeon, how are you two doing?

- Wow, I didn't even remember Nayeon.

- Do you have any idea what she might be wanting around here?

- No, but she's too quiet, isn't she? Silence is never good.

- I can't believe she came here, I mean, with so many places in the country and in the world did she have to end up here? To look for a job?

- You had to see her face when she told me that, she didn't even bother to better disguise the lie. - I rolled my eyes remembering the lame excuse she had given me.

- Typical of Im Nayeon. She didn't give you any clues?

- No, she just commented that she was sorry for not having contacted me when I returned to New York and that, in addition to being worried about me, she came to sort out some things. - we both sighed indignant at our lack of whitening when it came to that girl. Not that I hated her, even if I wanted to and she deserved it, it was hard to awaken that inside of me. My heart is dumb, and that's where she was for a long time. And to think that one day I almost called her my sister.

- And your father? You are much better, you went from calls without cursing to encounters without aggression. I'm proud. - I squinted my eyes looking at her from the corner already foreseeing the provocative expression that her face maintained.

- Akira - I corrected with some petulance. - It's still an open question. You know, something inside me wants to trust, wants to give it a chance... But then everything else kicks in and tells me not to. It's like I'm scolding myself for giving up, it's very confusing.

- But this time it seems to me that he is really trying to change.

The affliction that gripped me at that moment required something more intense and more serious than what we were doing there. I swung my legs up onto the table, crossing them over my body, and crawled closer to Sana, leaning forward.

- Why? - I asked in a thin voice, hands gesturing on my thighs and my gaze heavier than anything. - Why, out of nowhere, without even an excuse, an apparent reason, did he decide to reconcile?

- Maybe he realized the stupidity, or it was that last conversation of you...

- No, it doesn't make sense, Sana! This is not his thing. I think he might be up to something.

- Like what?

- Something bad. - I narrowed my eyes on hers and then she knew.

- Do you think he might try to lock you up again?