Elevator

- Finally, the only one missing - the door opened revealing who I least expected. Momo.

- What are you doing here? - I furrowed my eyebrows without understanding and looked around to make sure I was in the right place. Was I going crazy enough to have switched Chaeyoung's apartment for the one in front of me?

- What do you mean what am I doing here? - She threw her hands on her hips returning my gaze in the same intensity. - Only you can be invited to parties, right? I thought we had already gotten over your old personality.

- First, this is not a party. Although I'm in doubt now that you're here - I scoffed, receiving an even darker look, my lips pressed together to hold in a laugh. - Second, since when do you know Chaeyoung?

- Who disappeared for a year was you. - She laughed - I met her before the accident, we took some classes together and we even had a little band. - I squinted my eyes asking for a better explanation. - Long story, but even Sana was in on it.

- Are you going to stay there all night? No matter how beautiful my door is, it's cooler inside. - I heard Chaeyoung scream from inside the apartment and I smiled.

- But since when have you - she emphasized, stepping forward to tap my shoulder. - Are you such a friend of Son?

Her expression was pure insinuation and I knew exactly where this conversation was going to end if I let her go.

- I don't owe you an explanation - I raised my eyebrow directing her an intimidating look, but I didn't resist long. She took things so seriously and I had so much fun with it. I threw an arm over her shoulders and walked through the door beside her. - By the way, how is Sana?

- She will spend a few more days in Japan, the longing for her family was greater than she expected.

- Thank God, I was already starting to think something had happened.

- You should call her, Mina - I turned towards her to find her brown eyes with a certain gleam of concern.

- I prefer to wait for her to come back, I want to say everything personally and at once.

Once inside the apartment, it didn't take long for me to feel at home. Besides Momo and Chaeyoung, there was another girl there who seemed to be best friends with her. Dahyun was her name. I will admit that I felt a trace of jealousy when seeing the closeness of the two, the teasing, the codes, the nicknames. Not that I thought there was anything else there, but the fact that Chaeyoung was extremely comfortable next to her bothered me.

We were getting ready for movie night and I was sprawled on the couch watching every well-furnished square inch of that room while the girls did something in the kitchen. Everything there seemed to have come out of a store catalogue, the white walls, the furniture varying between gray and coffee, very well placed accessories giving an air of modernity. Nothing like her parents' house.

A breeze blew through the room, ruffling the curtains and drawing my attention to the huge balcony beside me.

- Mina? - I didn't move a muscle, but I knew it was Chaeyoung looking for me.

- At the end of the couch. - I whispered almost inaudibly, I was completely in love with the view through the glass door. The sky was already darkening and the moon appeared hovering, almost in line, on her window.

- What are you doing? - I could feel her weight shift the pillow beside me and I allowed myself to look at her.

- The view is wonderful - My eyes ran all over her body briefly noticing her clothes. First time I saw her in stripped clothes and it was impossible to contain a smile. She wore a long black blouse and aqua green sweatpants, she looked like a child.