True Me

It was already morning the next day and I hadn't been able to sleep all night, thinking about what could have led Chaeyoung to act that way. Wasn't she even a little worried? I know I had given her reasons to not want to look me in the face at that moment, but given the situation I expected to see her here. Nayeon told me she had called Chaeyoung, so at least I know that she cared enough to find out what had happened.

Jeongyeon had just left the room, I was officially released from this hospital and all the bad feelings it brought me. Nayeon proved to be a great person taking care of me during this time, when no one else was willing to do so. Maybe that's why she was here, there was no one else; or perhaps it was at my father's request. I preferred to believe that she had developed a soul and a good heart after so long. I would never expect or imagine anything like that coming from her, but then again, damn expectations.

I put on the clean clothes Nayeon insisted on picking up at the hotel, saying that Saturday's clothes were in no condition to be worn in public. And really, it stank of everything. Once I was ready, I walked through the door and came face to face with Changbin. I had completely forgotten about him. A trace of fear passed through my body as quickly as it left, all thanks to the look he gave me as soon as he noticed my presence, but he wouldn't intimidate me. Not today. Today I was a Myoui, in the literal and rude sense of the word, and nothing, nor anyone, would have the power to shake me. I returned the intimidation in kind and headed for the door.

- Miss, we will leave here straight to the airport, the jet is waiting for you. Your bags and belongings are already there. - he expressed himself, his reluctance to do so was clear, but it was part of his job.

- Thank you - I gave a victorious smile to Nayeon, who did the same right away. I guess I tamed the beast.

The trip was quieter than I expected, inside the jet there was no noise other than the wind that crossed the body of the aircraft outside. I spent most of the time asleep, my brain had finally given a break from all the thoughts and there I saw my only chance of rest.

- Mina, do you want to go home? - Nayeon asked as we unloaded our bags from the jet to the car, already in New York. There were three of them, I assumed we would go our separate ways.

- No...

- I received orders from your father to leave you at your friend's house. - Changbin interrupted me and I counted to twenty so I wouldn't do something I would regret later.

I looked at Nayeon quickly and gave her a slight wave before getting into the car assigned to me. The driver closed the doors and positioned himself, starting the vehicle. When I thought about saying thank you, Changbin got in and sat in the passenger seat. What the fuck. My phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket.

“You’re not really going home, are you?”

I smiled looking at the message in the center of the screen and hurried to respond to it.

"Not even! That fucking blonde won’t have that pleasure.”

As if he had a nose for moments when he was spoken badly, Changbin looked for me in the corner of his eye. I took my phone back into my coat pocket and closed my eyes, letting myself relax against the seat. I kept quiet the whole way, from the airport to Momo's building, since I was still living there, and as soon as we arrived I left without saying a word. I just watched as they carried my bags into the building.

Changbin seemed a little bothered by my indifference, maybe even worried. He made a point of walking me to the door and only didn't go beyond it because I didn't allow him. If in Korea he flew high, here I would cut off his wings. I slammed the door and counted to thirty after hearing the elevator arrival signal. I looked around with a certain nostalgic air, as if I had been away for a month, I even missed the smell of coffee.