Good News

If there was anything good in this life, it was certainly shared love. I don't remember the last time I was as passionate as I am now, there was a time when I had promised myself not to let myself feel these things anymore, for me all of this was weakness, a certain kind of generalized stupidity.

If you think about it, love is as bad as it is good, it makes you happy as much as it makes you sad. The best definition I found was one that said that loving is like throwing yourself off a cliff without knowing if there will be someone down there to catch you. That's what I felt like doing at this very moment. I threw myself without even looking around, I launched myself without even checking if I had a rope attached to my waist or a parachute on my back. I gave myself up in the worst possible way: without even realizing it.
But it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and all that credit I gave to the girl next to me. She made everything look so easy, so simple. That disinterested way of hers envied me, it seems that nothing in this life could affect her, even if it wasn't quite like that.

We stood for the first time in what felt like the closest thing to complete silence. Chaeyoung was guiding me by saying landmarks close to her doctor's office, then she was silent again. But it was a good lull, a light and happy aura. Our hands were intertwined the entire way, my thumb gliding calmly over hers as they rested on her left leg. She had her head leaning against the window as if admiring the blurred landscape outside. From time to time I risked a glance in her direction just to admire the lightness of her expression and delude myself into thinking I was the reason.

I let it continue that way, it wasn't uncomfortable to the point of making me start a conversation without much foundation, also because I wasn't thinking clearly at the moment. After we kissed I couldn't remain impassive anymore, I wore the most ridiculous smile anyone could have. I was so happy it was gross. Nothing in life compares to the way I find myself now, my stomach was churning, my body was lighter, numb releasing happiness through every pore. That was so new to me, I thought that one day I had already fallen completely in love, but today just proved the opposite. I barely knew what it was and I was more determined than ever to find out.

We finally arrived at the building that looked like it was meant only for doctors' offices and emergency rooms. It was like a clinic made up of independent professionals who came together to help everyone, I found the initiative incredible while Chaeyoung told me the details of its operation and introduced me to the various acquaintances she had there.

- You're quite famous here, I'm afraid to ask how that happened. - I joked when we entered the elevator with a small group of people.

I ran to the bottom since our destination was higher than everyone's there and I dragged her with me, taking advantage of the small space to have her as close as possible to my body.

- I was a difficult child.

- Was that because of your cuts? - I whispered close to her ear fearing the subject I was bringing up. She flashed a smile and shook her head.

- No, I was just too restless and I liked adventures, so I was almost always around here.

- Don't think this is limited to your childhood days, Dahyun told me about your recent "adventures". - I joked, making her laugh, her face resting on my shoulder. - Don't you dare do these things to me.

- Why? - Her lips tightened into a pout.

- Because then it will be the two of us visiting this place all the time.

- Would you take care of me?

- No, I would get injured with you. - She smiled, lifting her face towards mine. I knew exactly what she wanted when I realized she was waiting for something.