Special Chaeyoung PT.1

CHAEYOUNG POV

- Are you okay? - I asked when things finally calmed down. Wooyoung was still huddled on the floor, my hand was wandering along his side in a bewildered way. I didn't mean to help him, but what Mina did was wrong.

- I hope I can still have children - his laugh invaded my ears a little more shy than usual, weird.

- I didn't know she got it right there.

- I think I'll come with a protector now, who will know when your girlfriend will decide to hit me again. - I sighed heavily, letting my discomfort show.

- She's not like that, okay?

- Chaeyoung, don't kid yourself. She's still the same person she was years ago.

- No, she changed a lot in relation to that person. You don't know the things she did or went through in those years.

- But nothing justifies the fact that she acts that way.

- Who are you to talk about her like that? - I cut in already noticing the direction this conversation was taking. I wasn't here to help him attack my girlfriend, if that's what he thought I would do.

Wooyoung sighed audibly and I took my hands away from him fearfully, but he took them between his holding tight. The warm, rough touch of his skin startled me for a moment.

- I'm sorry, Chae, I didn't mean to say that. I only care about you and I don't want to see you suffer because of her.

- What makes you think she's going to make me suffer? - by the way he spoke it seemed that he knew her very well, but I don't remember her commenting on any stories with him.

- She is a Myoui, the bad attitude is not in the past but in the blood.

He definitely had a problem with her, but where did that come from? Was it really a friend's concern or was he jealous? From the tone of his voice I could tell that he pronounced each word with a certain caution, a certain concern for making me understand his point of view and arguments. But on the other hand there was a different streak in him, something I had never noticed in all the time we've been friends, if I can call it that.

I was always aware of the feelings he had for me and, likewise, I always made him aware of mine. Today I stop and think: what held me back then? I was single, wanted to try it out, and liked him as a friend. What stopped me? In fact, I've always had this kind of feeling about people close to me, a kind of sixth sense so to speak, which bothered me deeply when they tried to show me something that was beyond my normal perception. I had this thing with Wooyoung, but I still didn't know why.

- Chae! - I shuddered when I heard Dahyun's voice in the distance and I took my hands away from Wooyoung's touch in reflex. I didn't know how long I was there lost in my thoughts, but it must have been enough time to make everything more weird than it was. - Chae, are you okay?

I shook my head in confirmation and only then did I realize the presence of pain in it. It was already the third time since yesterday that I had this severe headache, and it seemed to get worse and worse around my eyes.

- Come on, let me help you. – Wooyoung grunted on the other side, by the noise he was probably getting to his feet. I was taken by the arms and propelled upwards slowly.

- Thanks, guys, but I could have done it myself. - I twisted a smile on my lips. Dahyun remained quiet to my left, I knew she was itching to start with the questions, but Wooyoung's presence seemed to bother her. - Are you sure you're better now? - I turned my body towards him as I brought my backpack up to my shoulders.