The Little Big Things PT.2

After all the fuss about the rings, we finally got down to the car. Chaeyoung agreed to accompany me to Momo's apartment so I could shower and change then we'd eat when we got to college.

- My God! - Chaeyoung practically shouted when the two of us stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. - Is that your car?

Despite the dark glasses covering her eyes, I could have sworn they were wide open, as they had been for most of the morning. I looked at the car, I looked at her and I bit my lip. Apparently I was going to have to get used to the fact that a lot of things are new to her.

- Any problems? You haven't complained about it until today. - I joked, pulling her by the hand again.

- Are you telling me I've been riding in this car all this time? - Okay, it was funny whenever she did that. I could handle a few laughs here and there.

- Yes, you even deregulated my sound countless times.

I crossed the car towards the passenger door to open it and Chaeyoung stared at me with a smile on her face.

- Thanks. - she said before entering.

I turned around watching her on the other side of the glass reveling in the dashboard and leather seats.

- Already situated? - I asked sitting next to her and slamming the door.

- My God, I think I pressed that reset button several times! Like, several times! - She looked at me in astonishment making me laugh. - I could have sworn it was to turn off the sound.

- If it's any consolation, after resetting it turned off. - Chaeyoung laughed, taking my hand and placing it in her lap as I started the engine.

We went the whole way listening to music and rediscovering car controls. If I thought she was agonized before, little did I know what awaited me today. Chaeyoung asked me about absolutely everything I knew there, and what I didn't know, she tried to find out. I had completely forgotten how irritating New York City traffic became after seven, but having her there occupying and distracting me wasn't bad at all.

We got to the building and ran upstairs so as not to be late, not that I was too worried about the class, but Chaeyoung made me sick with all her talk about not being able to attend the best class of the week and everything. As soon as I got into the shower I got out of it, without even taking advantage of it and allowing myself to rest on the water. But I wasn't in a hurry to choose my outfit, not really. If she looked that beautiful I needed to be on the same level.

When I was ready, I grabbed my bag from the bed and went back to the living room, adjusting my choker and seeing an impressed Chaeyoung.

- What happened?

- Do you always go to college like this? - she asked, getting up from the sofa, her eyes darting over my body.

- Yes, why?

- I guess I wasn't ready for that. Couldn't you stop being pretty for even a minute?

I made a weird face, eliciting a hearty laugh from her. I couldn't describe how happy I was to see her like this.

- Did it help? - I asked smiling.

- I don't know, it's hard to concentrate on anything other than your eyes... And your mouth. - Chaeyoung wrapped my neck and glued her body to mine. Her eyes were fixed on my lips and I was trying very hard to keep my expression neutral.

- Is it too ugly? - I teased whispering and her eyes rose to mine quickly.

- Shut up.

I smiled and she kissed me softly. It's innocence warmed me, the same innocence that made me fall in love with her. My hands that were previously lying at my sides ran to meet hers, fingers stroking the trail of skin exposed by her blouse making her shiver at the same time. When I realized we were already in the deepest make out. Silly hands exploring places only allowed after last night. We were losing control, and even though I didn't want to stop, I knew we should.