1

"Please, I don't know what to do! Mum was so angry and told me- and I quote- to get the fuck out. Kayla's at her boyfriend's house so I can't stay at hers. Could you transfer me some money for a hotel or something Kayo? I'll pay it back as soon as I can get my money out my room," I sniffled as I waited for my brother's reply on the other end of the call.

"Fuck Dele, I've told you to stop with your shit. I'll pay for an uber to me and I'll try talk to mum later yeah? Don't cry, it's alright. Where are you?" he asked. I could tell he was walking away from people as the background noise quietened.
"Sitting on the curb," I laughed despite the tears that were still rolling down my cheeks.
He laughed dryly too, "It's always you ain't it? Give me a second."

I waited as I heard him tapping on his phone.
"A grey audi will pick you up in four minutes. I've told them to take you straight to camp alright?"
I nodded before realising he couldn't see me, "Yeah that's fine. Thank you, I really appreciate it. I love you."

"I love you too, even if you are fucking annoying," he laughed, "I'll talk to Southgate but it should be fine, you can just bunk in with me for a few nights until this gets sorted. You'll have to help out around here a bit though."
"That's good, I don't mind. Thanks again, I'll see you in a bit," I said my goodbyes.
"In a bit. Stay safe yeah? Text me if the drivers dodgy."
I laughed at his concern, "Bukayo I'll be fine, love you."

I ended the call and took a deep breath before leaning back onto my bags. How could I forget to bring my money? Fucking idiot.

As promised, four minutes later, a grey Audi slowed to a stop and a man stepped out, taking my bags and putting them in the boot for me. I said thanks and got into the backseat.

We weren't stopped for long, he pulled off quickly and we were soon on the motorway. I was texting my best friend Kayla, filling her in on what had happened when he spoke.

"Are you okay miss?" he looked worried, causing me to laugh awkwardly.
"I'm okay, how are you?"
He rolled his eyes, knowing that I knew he wasn't trying to make small talk and was concerned.

"You're very quiet miss," he spoke again, he had quite a thick accent but I couldn't place a finger on where he must've been from.
"Stranger danger," I joked.
"I am no stranger miss," he looked at the maps on his phone, "For the next forty two minutes I'm your best friend!"

I laughed, "You're sweet, where are you from?"
"Mum Bangladeshi and Father Somalian. I was born in Lithuania but moved to England three years ago," he explained and I nodded my head, "And you miss? What is your culture?"
I laughed at the way he phrased his questions due to English not being his first language and because I was an awkward person who laughed at everything to cover it up.

"My parents are both from Southwest Nigeria, part of the Yoruba tribe but me and my brother were both born here in Ealing," I explain my own, less exciting, geographical history.

He pulled a face, "Ealing, not very nice, not very nice."
"It's not that bad," I laughed.
He turned to look at me weird before returning his eyes to the road, "Well I am glad you are able to see positive. I am negative bit much of the time."
"You're not the only one," I agreed, relating.
"What is negative in your life miss?" he asked me.

I thought for a moment, "Well, I've just been kicked out, all my friends have boyfriends and I don't, my grades are dropping. Basically my life's just great," I finished sarcastically.
He laughed, "There must still be positives miss, always look for positives!"
"There are, just seems like everything else is a bit shit recently that's all."
"All will be okay miss, all we be okay."
I smiled, "What about you? What is negative in your life sir?" I copied, laughing.