5

Marcus' POV:
"You're lying!" Jesse and I continued to have the same argument but were interrupted by the doors to the main entrance being slammed open. I looked over and watched as Jude made his way towards the staircase, his jaw clenched and hands in fists.

"Wait where did Ayodele go again J?" I asked, wondering if maybe she had found him.
He shrugged, "Said for a walk but she went out that entrance."

I got up, following where Jude stormed off too.
"Jude!" He was ahead of me in the corridor but didn't turn around, just sped up even more, "Jude don't ignore me."

He spun around, "What the fuck do you want?"
"Woah. I was coming to check you were alright," I held my hands up.
"I'm fine."
"You don't seem it mate. Where's Dele?"
He scoffed, "Of course. I don't think it's good you talk to her right now."
"What does that mean?"
He started laughing, "No I just get why you guys all warned me about her now."

I stood still, trying to piece everything together, "Where the fuck is she? What have you said to her?"
"I haven't said nothing. She's out on the basketball court or maybe she's off smoking a spliff by now," He rolled his eyes and carried on to his room.

I didn't bother arguing with him, instead I jogged down the stairs, pushing open the main doors and made my way to the courts. She was sat with her head balancing on her knees, her arms covering them. What the hell happened between them?

"Dele?" I called for her hesitantly as I approached. Her head shot up but she relaxed when she realised it was me. "What happened with Jude? Are you good?"
She wiped her eyes, smiling, "Yeah I'm calm. You alright?"

I laughed, "Stop with the bullshit, what happened?"
"Nothing happened. Stop with the nosiness."
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I sat down beside her, "But you know you can talk to me yeah? I get we're not best mates or anything but I'm always here."

Ayodele's POV:
My heart ached at that. Why was he being so nice? I blinked a few times to make sure no tears fell, "I appreciate that."
"Do you talk to Kayo when things get tough?" he asked me, making my mind go blank.
"Sometimes."
"Kayla?"
"Sometimes."
"That means no doesn't it?" he laughed when I nodded.

"Maybe next time you feel like smoking, you should just let out everything that's bothering you. Talk it all through with someone. I know addiction is harder than that but it's a start. You might feel less inclined to do it if your problems aren't only being held up by you, share the weight with someone."

"I can do that."
He smiled, ruffling my hair before standing up and offering out a hand. I took it and he pulled me to my feet.
"I can be that person. Whatever you need."
I hugged him around his waist and he put an arm over my shoulder as we made our way back to the building.

I felt angry at myself for never making friends with him before. I've known him for a few years now as him and Bukayo went to shared camps and knew each other through friends but I never made the effort. In fact, now that I think about it, I think I've argued with him more times than I've smiled at him. Why was I such a bitch?

We headed over to the staircase, I'm assuming to both go to our own rooms and chill for a bit.
Jesse shouted after us, "Marc you patterned it! You got about twenty minutes until dinner!"
I laughed, looking up at him to catch him rolling his eyes and sticking his middle finger up at his best friend.

We got to my floor and he looked uneasy to leave me on my own.
"I'm fine Marcus, I promise," I kissed his cheek before walking the rest of the way down the hallway to reach my bedroom.
I heard his footsteps and soon felt him close behind me, "Give me your phone quick."
I furrowed my eyebrows at him but handed it over nonetheless, "What?"
"Unlock it you retard," he laughed.