20

"You know you're mine anyway so I don't know why you keep joking about it."

My cheeks definitely went ten times darker as the other teen looked at us confused, "I don't know what you just said but I think it's for the best."

I laughed awkwardly, repositioning myself in my chair as Jude sat back, smirking at how flustered he had managed to make me.
"Are you gonna come inside?" Alejandro directed his question to the other boy who shrugged.

"I don't mind."
"You can come in if you want. Jayden will probably be in there," I offered as he laughed.
"Maybe I should come in then. Seeing as you decked him the last time you saw him."
"Why's that a reason to come in?" Alejandro asked, eyebrows furrowed as I too turned to hear his answer.

"First of all to let him know he don't have a chance with her anymore and second, he'll probably still be pissed about that and he might start something else. I can handle him this time then, Jandro, it's your go."
He shook his head frantically, not understanding that he was joking which just made it all the more funnier.

He pulled into the driveway and I was first to open my door, excited to say hi to Lara and introduce her to Jude. The boys were only a few steps behind me, standing hesitantly in the door frame as I walked straight in, sticking my head into the living room but not finding her.

"Lara?" I called out for her and heard her response from the kitchen.
"Ayodele?"
I ran in, engulfing her in a hug, "How've you been?"
"I've been alright, what about you? And to what do I owe this pleasure?" she laughed.

"I'm okay. And we're actually here to ask a favour," I stuck my hands into my pockets, feeling bad.
She continued to laugh, "Go on then, ask away."
"Can Ale use your car to drop us back please? I'll give him the money for the petrol he uses and he can fill it back up before he comes home."

"Of course you can darling, you didn't even need to ask," She said, smiling before nudging me, "And who's us?"
"Jude, Jandro stop being awkward and come say hi!"
The two boys piled into the kitchen, Jude behind the exchange student and giving a little wave.

"Do you want a drink or anything before you go?" she offered, going over to the cupboard to get some glasses out.
"I'll just have some water please," I answered even though I wasn't thirsty. I didn't want this to be a flying visit where we just nicked her car and went.

"Alejandro?"
"I'm okay thank you. I'm gonna rinse in the shower. I'll be like five minutes max, I'm just way too sweaty," he laughed, running up the stairs so now Jude was stood at the door by himself, awkwardly looking around.

"Jude would you like anything?" she asked smiling, which must've put him at ease as I saw his shoulders relax and he copied my order, taking the glasses off her and filling our drinks up himself so that she could sit down.
She looked at me knowingly, whispering, "He's polite. A gentleman."
I nodded, trying not grin like an idiot, "I know."

"So how do you guys know each other?" she asked, making conversation as we all sat around the dining room table.
"I've been staying with my brother at the England camp, he plays there," I explained and her eyebrows went up in recognition.
"Goodness, we've got a celebrity in the house," she said, making both of us laugh as he shook his head.

"Nah, to be honest Dele's probably more known than me."
I pulled a face, "Are you being for real?"
"Over here, yeah. Not many people in England watch the Bundesliga," he laughed as Lara looked in between us.
"And are you guys friends? Acquaintances? Anything more?" She smirked, knowing what she was doing as I lightly nudged her under the table with my knee.