42

No POV:

Jude laid with his girlfriend in his arms, continuously running a hand through her braids as he thought about their situation. He hated that he was the cause of their arguing but he didn't want this to be it. Surely they'd tough it out?

Ayodele started to stir, groaning as she tightened her grip around her boyfriend, mumbling into his t-shirt, "My heads gonna explode."
He laughed despite the pity he felt for the girl, kissing her forehead and attempting to get up, "I'll get you something for it."
"No it's fine, stay here."
"I'll be literally two minutes-"
"Stay here. Please."

He sighed, returning his arm over her shoulder and bringing her closer to him, "Reckon you'll be good to go out tonight?"
"What's happening tonight?" she asked, yawning tiredly.
"Team dinner but you're coming and we'll do something after."

"I'm coming?" she laughed, "Do I get a say in this?"
He smiled, looking down at her, "Nope. Unless your heads still hurting by then. I wouldn't be surprised, you were gone."
"I'm actually an idiot."
"My idiot though," he grinned as she groaned at his cringyness, trying not to laugh.

She smiled sadly, "I miss you already you know?"
"I'm sorry it has to be like this. Really," he kissed her forehead, making the girl's mood drop even more.
"Is what it is though I guess," she shrugged, wiping her eyes and trying to pretend as if she didn't care. Complaining wouldn't change it so why should she?

He wanted to say something, to tell her not to be like that and it'd be fine but he couldn't guarantee that. He saw how much it upset her already and he hadn't even left yet. He was scared she'd go back to how she was before; addicted and rude to everyone. All it took was one conversation about it yesterday and she was completely wasted, asking Kian to let her smoke something. He felt guilty. He knew it was out of his control and he wasn't responsible for her and how she reacted but the idea that she'd throw her life away again but this time because of him made his guilt eat him from the inside.

But then again, maybe he was being self-centred. Maybe his impact on her wasn't as big as he thought it was. She could live without him, just because he wasn't here wouldn't mean she'd go back to that life. Right?

Time skip to that evening:
"You're so pretty," Jude was laid on her bed, admiring the girl as she finished her makeup.
"Shut up."
He laughed loudly, causing Ayodele to smile too as she got up to find a dress in her wardrobe.

"I still hate myself for letting Jadon be the one to pack all my shit up," she groaned, looking at the contents in front of her.
Her boyfriend joined her, towering from behind and reaching over her head to pick up a silk red dress.
"No," she put it back before he could say anything, "That's doing way too much."
He sighed, "Then I'm arranging something where you can wear that 'cause-"
"Shut up," she was the one to laugh loudly as she pushed him away from her.

"Is that what you're wearing?" she asked, referring to the grey jeans and black shirt he was wearing.
He nodded, looking offended, "Yeah?"
She laughed, "It's fine, you're fine. Don't worry about that. Just need to match the vibe you know?"
"Mhm," he laughed kissing her head and pulling the bedroom door open, "I'll go check when we're actually leaving."

———

"Jadon move your arse," she argued, wanting to sit next to her boyfriend but the team's wind up beating her to it.
"I ain't twerking for free," he put his hand out to which the girl pulled it and sat where he was previously. 
"Thanks Jay, love!" she smiled, making him roll his eyes as Jude laughed beside her.

"I would've got him to move," he put his arm around the girl, using his free hand to read over the menu.
"You weren't doing it quick enough," she laughed leaning her head onto his shoulder.