36

When I returned to my seat, Denise and Mark were sat on the other side of Jobe who smiled at me apologetically.
"Sorry, how'd it go?" he asked as I tried to keep my leg from bouncing, feeling his mums eyes on me.

"It was fine don't worry," I faked a smile, wondering how to introduce myself without it being awkward. Thankfully Jobe jumped in.
"Mum, dad, this is Ayodele," he grinned.

I stuck out my hand for Denise to shake, "It's lovely to meet you."
Her expression stayed hard for a few seconds before breaking out into a smile, using my hand to pull me towards her, making me stand off my seat and in front of her youngest to give her a hug, "I've heard so much about you!"

I instantly relaxed, breathing a sigh of relief, "Hopefully good things," I laughed, "Jude talks about you guys a lot too."
"The boy doesn't shut up about you," Mark laughed, shaking my hand once I left his wife's embrace.
"I can see why though, you're beautiful," Denise smiled, making Jobe groan.
"Mum stop being weird."

I nudged him lightly, "Thank you. You're-"
The whistle blew for the start of the second half, making Jobe jump to his feet and then sit back down again, "Okay guys please can we do this after?"
"Jobe! Will you stop being so rude?" His mum scolded as I held in my laugh. She sent me an apologetic look, "We can all talk properly after."

I smiled nervously, about to respond when Jobe started shouting, saving me from saying something awkward back to her. I was not made for this shit.

Germany was dominating, Kai Havertz's attempt getting saved and Gosen's missing. We were all too close together, meaning as soon as Germany ran off with the ball it was almost impossible to keep up.

The sixty ninth minute rolled around and Bukayo was subbed off for Grealish, causing me to stand on my feet and clap with the rest of the crowd. He did good today.

Seventy fifth minute.
Luke Shaw had the ball, running up the left of the goal, German defenders only inches away from him. Jobe and I were both on the edge of our seats, clinging onto each other in suspense. Shaw passed it to Sterling who used his right foot to shoot and before we knew it, everyone was cheering, over three quarters of the crowd shouting as it all went to chaos.

"OH MY GOD!" Jobe screeched, making me burst out laughing, "WE'RE INTO THE QUARTER FINALS!"
I peeled his hands off my shoulders as he shook me with excitement, "Bruv you're gonna jinx it there's still fifteen minutes!"
"Positivity Ayodele!" he shouted over the men behind us.

Germany messed up another two attempts in the next ten minutes as they regained possession, making my anxiety heighten.

Eighty sixth minute.
Grealish has the ball, lifting it as he boots it towards the centre of the box where Kane manages to come into contact with it, headering it into the bottom right corner.
England 2, Germany nil.

"WE'VE DONE IT!" I shouted along with the rest of the crowd, Jobe sending me a look.
"You're gonna jinx it, we got four minutes," he mimicked, making me roll my eyes and hold in my laugh.
"Shut up man."

Extra time came to an end and the score was no different, meaning England had progressed into the quarterfinals. Chants could be heard throughout the stadium as everyone celebrated, watching as the team huddled together, taking in the crowd and the moment.

"Oh my God," Jobe stayed sat completely still, "There's no way."
"There's every way! The teams so good this year!" I grinned, clapping with the rest of the crowd but not joining in with the chant as I spoke to the younger Bellingham, "Jude needs some playing time though."
"No he doesn't, he'll fuck it up."
"Jobe!" Denise hit him around the back of the head and I watched as his eyes widened, realising his mum had heard him swear.