3

Jude POV:
"Where've you been?" Reece raised his eyebrows at me suggestively whilst I ignored him, throwing my kit on and rushing into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"I would make a joke about you being with a girl all night but the only girl here is Saka," he followed me into the bathroom, messing with his hair in the mirror whilst I glared at him.
"Stop talking right now."

He gasped, "You're doing Saka? You're doing Dele?"
"No! We're just friends!" I panicked, shouting over him.
He scoffed, "Nobody's just friends with Ayodele. She hates everyone!"

"Her and Kayo get on really well, she doesn't hate him," I argued.
"And she must not hate you either."
"Just shut up okay. Forget about it, we need to go downstairs," I said, my hands rubbing either side of my nose in distress.

I heard him laugh as he followed me out the room, locking it behind us.
"You better not bring this up in front of the team," I pointed a finger into his chest as he held up his hands in surrender.

"Bring what up in front of the team?" Grealish put his arm over my shoulder and I turned to face him, Phil and Bukayo. Oh I was so dead.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," I shrugged them off.
"Twenty quid if you tell us," Foden had his wallet out dangling a note in front of Reece.
"Jesus why do you care so much?" I confronted.
The boys looked at me like I was crazy.

"Because you're getting so defensive with it, that's why," Phil laughed along with Jack whilst James and Saka shot each other looks, unsure of what to do.
"Come on we already know he ain't a morning person. Bother him later," Kayo ushered the boys on before slinging an arm over my shoulder, making me feel even more guilty, "You can always talk to me if there's something going on, yeah?"
I swallowed, nodding, "Mhm."

———

I passed to Marcus who then passed it on to Jesse, we went back and forth for a while but my focus was on Reece who was talking to Saka across the pitch.

"Jude bro, where are you today?" Jess laughed pelting the ball at my shin.
"Ah! You-"
"Leave it man, leave it. Jesse drop him out, he's been up all night," Marcus grinned knowingly at me, causing my eyebrows to furrow.
"What?"
He shrugged as he laughed before retrieving the ball but by the time he was back I was storming over to Reece.

"Why are you telling people? It wasn't even like that. At all. You're just-"
"It's banter chill man. It's funny," Reece interrupted, punching my shoulder but I wasn't laughing.

Bukayo stayed silent, watching me carefully.
"I swear man, it weren't even like that!"
"Did you or did you not spend the night in my little sister's room?" He spoke calmly.
I massaged my temple, taking in a breath, "Yeah but just let me explain. I know it sounds bad. I woke up around three am because I left my window open and the room got proper cold. As I'm closing it, I swear I can smell weed and it looks like there's smoke coming through whoever's below me's window so obviously I march over there but it was Dele and she weren't even doing nothing, must've been my imagination."

His jaw was clenched, "You smelt weed?"
I shook my head, "I thought I did."
"For fucks sake!" He shouted, throwing his bottle and booting the nearest football.
I looked to James in alarm and he shrugged.
"Kayo mate, you good?" I asked hesitantly.

"This still doesn't explain why you spent the night there," he walked back over, pointing a finger.
"Yeah right, sorry. We were both wide awake and bored and she asked if I wanted to chill with her for a bit. We just watched youtube and talked and I ended up falling asleep, it was an accident I swear!"
"What and she didn't wake you up?" Saka looked at me confused.