14

"Ayodele!" I heard my name getting shouted from down the hallway, making me groan and sit up. Soon Bukayo was at my door, grinning widely, "Guess what?"

I smiled at his excitement, "What?"
"Coach said I'm definitely gonna be in the starting line up!"
"I thought that was a given anyway? You're easily one of the best here."
He laughed, "Best is a bit far but I appreciate the confidence. And yeah I assumed I would be but like he confirmed it today."

I got up, giving him a hug, "Well I'm proud of you."
"I've told you my good news, now you tell me yours. What happened yesterday? Did you kiss? Where did you eat? What did you talk about? Was he really nervous and awkward? Were you? Did he pay? Did-"

"Bruv chill. We just went Prezzo, didn't kiss properly, spoke about anything and everything, neither of us were nervous we've been friends for a while now and yeah he paid. Is that all?" I laughed.
"My little sisters all grown up man," he pinched my cheeks making me slap his hands away.
"Shut up."

"Not to kill the mood or anything but have you thought about when you're gonna get your stuff from mum and dad's?"
My expression faded, "What do you mean?"
He laughed, "You've been stealing my clothes for ages."
I rolled my eyes jokingly, "They look better on me anyway."
He raised an eyebrow in pure judgement, earning him a light punch from me which then turned into us scrapping until he surrendered, holding both hands up and apologising over and over again.

"Nah but all jokes aside, when do you wanna go? Because I'll take you or you can send me a list of what you need and where everything is and I'll get it next time I visit," he offered causing me to shrug.
"I dunno what I want and where it is though, I'll have to just suck it up and go I guess. I'll do it myself though because we'll probably end up arguing and you don't need to see that."

He shook his head, "Nah I'll back you. It's about time they support and help you, you're the one that needs it right now, I'm calm."
"I dunno. I could get Marcus or someone to come, he's good at diffusing situations."

He tilted his head slightly, a smile forming, "What about Jude?"
I groaned, mumbling as I spoke, "If it turns into something I don't want this to be how he meets my parents."

"Sorry, sorry could you repeat that? So you're considering it. This is like a turning point in your life oh my god. Why am I happier than you right now?"
I threw my body back onto the mattress, "Because I don't want to be considering it and I hate that I am."

"But why? You obviously like him, he likes you, what's the issue? He's nice, a bit too nice actually, had me thinking he swung the other way when I first met him but-"
"Bukayo!" I laughed loudly as he held up his hands, gesturing he was 'just being honest'.

"But you see that's the problem. He's nice and I'm quite literally the opposite. I feel selfish when I think about getting in a relationship with him because he's gonna do so much for me as a person whilst Ill probably just end up fucking him up. What if I get him on weed as well? Or something worse? What if I cause him more problems and he just puts up with it? What if-"

"Ayodele man, chill. Giving me a headache for real. Just stop overthinking it all, he's punching if he's got you and he knows what he's getting himself into so if he wants to take that risk then let him," he shrugged.
I shook my head, "Nah I dunno man."

He placed a hand on my knee to push himself up to his feet, making me kick him in defense after he put all his weight on me.
"My bad. But yeah you're thinking about it too much. Stop being a good person and go back to saying fuck it. What's the worst that can happen?" he started laughing, "Ha this guys made you go soft!"

"Shut up. When I was a bitch you complained and when I'm not being a bitch you make fun. There's no winning!" I threw my hands in the air as he continued to laugh.
"I'm joking, I'm joking. It's a good thing, you're not acting like mandem anymore," he practically pissed himself as my jaw dropped.