12

"Ayodele!" I heard Bukayo shout for the second time outside my bedroom door.
"I'm just chucking some proper clothes on and I'll be down," I rolled my eyes at how much he was rushing me.

For some reason we were having dinner earlier today and so I had to quickly change to be presentable. I had just slept all day to be honest, I felt upset about turning Jude down. It's not like I didn't like him, I liked him too much for my own good which is why I had to lay off him a bit.

"Ayodele!" he called again.
"Bukayo say my name one more time and you won't be able to say nothing!" I shouted back and heard him laugh at my empty threat.

I pulled the door open and watched him give me a look, "What?"
"You might wanna put some makeup on and do your edges."
"You bitch!" I shoved him.

He shook his head, "No, no. You still look fine but I kind of lied to you. You're not having dinner with us, Jude's taking you out. I'm doing you a favour it was meant to be a surprise."

My eyes opened wide, "No! Why are you letting him? I'm your weak little sister that boys are just going to break my heart! You're meant to be all strict and over protective!"
He laughed at my panic, "I already had the talk with him, his intentions seem genuine."

I shook my head frantically, "I don't have any good clothes! This is still his jumper from yesterday and these are just joggers I threw on!"
"I knew something was up with that hoodie!" he pointed, it all now making sense to him.
"Kayo you're not helping! What do I do?"

"Just change into some leggings, that will be fine. I don't think you're going anywhere fancy, I told him you missed the greasy food," he laughed as my jaw dropped.
"You did not say that to him!"

He nodded, looking confused as I put my head in my hands, "Is that bad?"
"Yes! Urgh fuck off and go distract him. I'll be down in five minutes," I pushed him away from the door and closed it, running over to my drawers to put on my leggings.

I used a hairband to tie the back of them and then went over to my desk to use the mirror that hung above it. I used an old manky toothbrush that I'd been using for my edges since I was about twelve before reaching for my concealer to cover a spot on my chin and then mascara so I didn't look bald.

I sighed as I looked at my reflection, wishing I had more time to get ready properly but remembering he had seen me when I'd first woke up so it couldn't get much worse. I grabbed my phone before running over to and down the stairs.

Jude was stood by the door, wearing grey joggers and a white vest top with a jumper in hand.
"Hey," he smirked as I held back a smile.
"You're a dickhead," I shook my head as I laughed, walking outside with him close behind me.

I sat on the steps to the entrance of the building and he sat on one higher up, causing me to lean back onto him and his hands to squeeze my shoulders.

"Uber's six minutes away," he said as I nodded, turning side ways a little so I could see his face.
"I guess you have six minutes to explain this then," I laughed.
He smiled before speaking, "I said I'd back off if you wanted me to because I didn't want you to be uncomfortable or anything but I can tell you want me just as much as I want you so I'm not going to."

I raised an eyebrow, "That's quite the ego you've got there Judas. What makes you say I want you?"
"Would you be here right now if you didn't?"

My silence was enough of a response as he started laughing and I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and leaning into him more.
He rubbed my shoulders, "I'm joking, I'm joking."

He leant forwards so that his head was next to mine, kissing my jaw gently.
"Did you get another haircut?" I asked, confused as he began to crack up.
"You're ruining the mood man," he grinned against my skin as he continued to kiss down my neck.