Chapter 21: Is She Your Wife?

Next Day...

Naaz and other children were sitting silently in the room. Suddenly they heard some sound of opening the door.

Naaz immediately indicated something through her eyes and they all nodded. Naaz went and stood beside the door almost pasting herself to the wall.

The door was opened and the man entered with some sandwiches. He couldn't notice Naaz.

Suddenly a girl started crying holding her stomach. The man's all attention diverted and he went to the girl. Naaz took the chance and came out of the room.

"Kya hua?" Asked the man.

"Mere pet mein bohut dard ho raha hai. Ahhhhh!" Said the girl in a crying voice.

"Chup! Subah subah natak chalu hogaya inka."

"Sacchi dard ho raha hai."

"Thik ho jayega apne aap. Chalo sab khana khaa lo. Aur pura khana khatam hona chahiye." Said the man.

Meanwhile Naaz was trying to find a escape. It was a big place and there were guards standing everywhere. She had to hid from them as well.

"Sahi kaha tha unhone. Yaaha se nikal na bohut muskil hai. Lekin koi na koi raasta toh hoga." Said Naaz in her mind.

She again started walking and saw some men talking while playing cards. Naaz hid herself behind the wall and started hearing their conversation.

"Shera kaha gaya?" One of them asked.

"Bacchon ko khana dene gaya hai."

"Woh hi khana na jis mein humne nind ki dawai milayi thi?"

"Haan. Unhe khaa kar bacche so jaayenge aur phir unhe Dubai shift kar na easy ho jayega."

"Suna hai pure seher mein nakabandi hai? Aur aate jaate har cars aur trucks ko woh log check kar rahe hai. Hum niklenge kaise?"

"Total 3 trucks niklegi. Har truck mein  das das bacche honge. Das baccho ko andar rakhne ke baad jitni bhi khali jagah bachegi unn mein hum rait ki boriya bhar denge. Aur bacche toh so rahe honge. Police ko paata bhi nahi chalega ki truck mein bacche hai."

"Wah Bhai! Kya idea hai!"

Naaz widened her eyes hearing all this.

"Neend ki dawai? Mujhe abhi jaa ke sab ko woh khana khane se rok na hoga." Said Naaz in her mind.

She went back to the room and found the door locked from outside.

"Yaaha toh taala laga hua hai. Ab kya karu?"

Suddenly she got an idea. She remembered her one friend from her village who taught her how to unlock a door using hairpin. Naaz removed her hairpin and started to unlock the door.

After sometime the door was opened and she entered the room.

The children were about to eat, when she came and said, "Usse mat khao."

"Tu wapas kyu aayi?" Asked one girl.

Naaz closed the door and said, "Yaaha pe bohut saare log hai. Hum bhag nahi sakte."

"Maine toh pehle hi kaha tha." Said the boy who told her earlier not to get into this.

"Isliye maine ek naya plan banaya hai. Yeh jo sandwiches hai, inhe mat khao. Inn mein nind ki dawai hai."

They all became shocked and immediately kept the sandwiches aside.

Naaz told them everything she heard.