Chapter 53: Purana Rishta

Next day as usual, SidNaaz were walking on the unmetalled roads of the village of Mohali. Naaz was really liking that place and it was reminding her of her childhood days. She was feeling very much connected to the trees, rivers, fields, everything of a rural life.

Soon Sidharth got tired as they were walking for hours.

"Naaz.... Aur nahi chala jaa raha mujhse. We have car, still you are forcing me to walk." Said Sidharth while panting.

"Jo maza paidal chalne mein hai na, woh car mein nahi hai. Aap ko paata hai jab main chhoti thi, ghar ka saara kaam khatam hone ke baad, dopeher ko jab Mami soti thi, main pure gaaon ka chakkar lagati thi. Yeh sab aap nahi samjhenge." Said Naaz remembering her childhood days.

"Of course. Main tumhari tarah badmash jo nahi tha apne bachpan mein."

"Sidharth!" Said Naaz glaring him and he immediately looked down. Who isn't scared of his wife?

"Lekin... Main aur chal nahi sakta. I need break." Said Sidharth after sometime.

Suddenly Naaz saw a stall of lassi and smiled.

"Aap thak gaye ho nah? Chaliye. Main tainu Punjab di lassi pilati aa." Said Naaz.

"Lassi mujhe utna pasand nahi hai. Waise bhi abhi toh lunch ka time ho raha hai. Chalo kahi chal kar lunch karte hai."

"Ki gal kar rahe ho? Oo tussi Punjab vich aaye ho aur lassi piye bina hi chale jaoge? Yeh toh main kadi hone naa doon." Said Naaz cutely in her Punjabi accent.

Sidharth laughed and asked, "Tumne itni acchi Punjabi kaha se sikhi?"

"Filmon mein dekh ke sikhi hoon thodi thodi. Aur main hoon bhi toh Punjabi. Punjab khoon mein hai mere. Ab aap lassi pee rahe hai yaa nahi?"

"Haan haan chalo. Tumhe maana karne ki himmat hai mujh mein?" Said Sidharth to which Naaz laughed.

Then they went to the stall.

"Oo Veer Ji! Cheti cheti do glass lassi bana do. Pehli vaari husband nu Punjab Di lassi pila rahi hoon. Changa lagna chahiye inhe." Said Naaz to the stall owner.

When she was saying that, she was looking damn cute and funny. Sidharth was watching her and laughing silently pressing his lips with his palm.

After the lassi was made, the stall owner handed two glasses of lassi to Sidharth and Naaz.

They did cheers and took a sip.

"Kaisi lagi?" Asked Naaz.

"Itni bhi buri nahi hai." Replied Sidharth.

They finished the whole glaas. A moustache was made on both of their faces.

Naaz noticed it and said, "Arrey apne toh kaal hi shave kiya tha. Aur aaj hi mooche nikal aayi?"

"Dhyan se dekho tumhari bhi mooche nikal aayi hai." Said Sidharth looking at her.

He opened the camera of his phone and hold it in front of Naaz putting it on selfie mode. She saw the moustache on her face and said in a dramatic way, "Haaye! Ab main logo ko kya muh dikhaungi."

They both looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"Jo bhi ho, iss baat pe ek selfie toh banti hai." Said Sidharth and took a selfie of them like this. They both remembered the selfie which they took after eating chuski.

"Hum kabhi bade nahi honge na Sidharth?" Asked Naaz suddenly.

"Tum toh kabhi badi nahi ho sakti. Aur tumhare saath reh kar meri growth bhi stop ho chuki hai." Said Sidharth.