Chapter 44: Propose

"Lag jaa gale ke phir yeh haseen raat ho na ho... Sayad phir iss janam mein mulakat ho na ho..."

Suhaan was singing and splashing the kerosene oil. Naaz was tied to the chair and trying her best to free herself. After that he kept the kerosene jar aside and took out the lighter from his pocket. He was going to light it......

Suddenly Naaz woke up screaming, "Nahiiiiiii"

Hearing her scream, Sidharth also woke up.

"Kya hua? Are you okay?" Asked Sidharth being worried.

"Suhaan... Woh idhar hi hai..." She said being scared.

Sidharth looked around the room and said, "Nahi Naaz idhar koi nahi hai."

"Woh tha.... Mujhe maarne ki koshis kar raha tha. Woh mujhe maar daalega Sidharth."

Naaz started panicking. Sidharth tried to calm her down.

"Baby relax! It's just a nightmare." He said.

But Naaz wasn't listening anything.

"Woh.... Maar daalega.... Mujhe..... He will kill me....."

"NAAZ!" Said Sidharth loudly brining her back to her senses.

Naaz stopped panicking and looked at him.

Sidharth slowly cupped her face and joined foreheads.

They both closed their eyes. After this Naaz calmed down. She felt relaxed.

"Idhar koi nahi hai Naaz. Tum abhi mere saath ho aur tum safe ho. Suhaan ab kabhi humari zindagi mein wapas nahi aayega." Said Sidharth.

Naaz looked at him and asked, "Kabhi nahi?"

Sidharth nodded in no and kissed her forehead.

"Ab koi humein phir se alag karne ki koshish toh nahi karega nah?" Asked Naaz. "Mujhe zindagi mein sab kuch manjoor hai lekin aap se alag hona nahi. Main marte dam tak aap ke saath rehna chahti hoon."

"Aisa hi hoga Naaz. Koi chah kar bhi Sidharth ko uski Naaz se alag nahi kar sakta. Khud Bhagwan bhi nahi." Said Sidharth giving assurance.

Naaz hugged him tightly and Sidharth hugged her back.

Some days passed after that incident. It took time for Naaz to forget that horrible incident and be normal but eventually she did. Meanwhile Sidharth decided not to wait anymore. He was ready to marry Naaz and gave her all the official rights she deserved. Once they got married, nobody would be able to question their relationship.

One day, the Shukla family were having breakfast when Sidharth decided to tell everyone about his decision.

"Main aap sabse kuch baat karna chahta tha." He said suddenly.

"Haan bol na." Said Rita Maa casually.

"I think ab waqt aa gaya hai.... Shaadi ke baare mein sochne ka." Said Sidharth. He was hesitating a little as he was talking about his own marriage.

But nobody reacted differently when he said this. Even Naaz was eating silently. She didn't even bother to hear their conversation.

"Kiski shaadi?" Asked Rita Maa.

"Mer....."

Before Sidharth could say, Neetu asked, "Tere kisi friend ki?"

"I think Kushal ki shaadi ho rahi hai." Said Preeti.

"Woh jo Sidharth ke office mein kaam karta hai?" Asked Arun. "He is a nice guy. By the wah who's the lucky girl?"

Sidharth now lost his patience.