The Oath

Author's Note:

now says it's unsafe for my computer. Weird.

The next chapter should include the dare on when The World to Come is published!

As this comes to an end, we will try to do two chapters of The Written Future as we are almost finished and to make the publish date for the second book!

Are you guys ready!?

Side Note:

Please enjoy!

---------

A small stone pit appeared as a hand hovered over it, with a gentle wave, a fire bloomed instantly. It was clear it was magic's doing while the unnamed figure placed a small cauldron within the fire, a familiar golden hand slowly being swallowed into the mysterious liquid.

"Okay, this was perfectly normal until they cooked a disembodied hand!" Steve freaked as he watched with shock. It was truly calm and quiet until the sudden female hand appeared.

"I'm surprised you know such a big word," Eli teased as Steve was currently mumbling how and why the mysterious figure even obtained the hand in the first place.

His head snapped toward the smaller teen's direction. "Maybe it's because I've been around you so long."

"That's a compliment."

"Shut up, Eli."

When it was ready, the figure still hadn't come into view as they grabbed the steaming pot, gently pouring its contents into a specifically designed cut-out. The hot liquid moved through the cracks, filling every line as the design started to appear.

The camera panned out, the full template in view, revealing the familiar pieces of the amulet. The same hand reached for a hammer, the plans and sketches of the amulet had been well thought-out.

"You're amulet was made with a hand."

"Can we stop talking about the hand!" While Jim didn't seem to mind the hand, of course, he was slightly disturbed and curious, but he was mainly focused on watching how his amulet had been made in the first place.

It was rather fascinating.

The figure hammered at the metal before dropping every finished piece into the water, sinking to the bottom as it cooled. The hand continued to work, gently hammering in the carvings around the trim of the amulet.

It hummed and glowed as the hand pulled away, the other pieces joining together as the hands hovered over them, magically lifting the pieces into the air.

Another pair of hands, much more smoother and younger had gently cradled the glowing blue stone, handing it to the rougher, older hands. The magical stone was slowly lowered onto a piece of the amulet, the rest of the pieces following.

A chant echoed in the background as the hands gently floated above the amulet, a blue burst of magic pouring from the artifact, strange carvings appearing in the dome of magic as it swallowed the smaller pieces of the amulet, dragging them into place.

"Ad lucem gloria mea." The hands gently covered the amulet, trapping the magic within it before lifting and revealing the finished product, the hands ticking and spinning as the scene flashed, the amulet doing the same thing within Jim's hands.

"To find Merlin's tomb, the Trollhunter must destroy the amulet." Blinky reminded, seeming disturbed. "That's–"

"You really think it was Merlin making the amulet?" Jim asked.