For the Glory of Merlin

Author's Note:

Whaaaaaattttttttt.....

Two chapters published within one month? What is this?

As we come to the end, we are pushing two chapters a month to give a dramatic finale. And to quicken 3 Below, hopefully, that book takes less than nearly five years..... oops.

NOW!

The Release Date for 3 Below: The World to Come

*insert drum roll*

MAY 31, 2023

The ending is currently being written and edited, let's get this moving! Whoo hoo!

Side Note:

After such a crack-filled author's note, please enjoy!

------

The pitch-black frame filled the scene, the cave crumbling as rocks crashed and rolled on the ground. The black slowly seemed to fade as Aaarrrgghh grunted, lifting whatever blocked their path, revealing the team still within the crystal cage.

The brute troll struggled, dropping it back on the floor, and desperately pressed his body against it. "Too big."

"You know what, this is, unfortunately, the first time Aaarrrgghh has struggled to achieve something with his size and it is terrifying."

"Let's not say that in front of worrying parents," Barbara warned slightly as she gestured to the Nunez family that seemed ready to break their chairs.

"But, should we be worried that he managed to catch a much larger rock that nearly fell on top of them suddenly and not pick up this? Maybe it was thinner? I don't know! I am panicking too and we just witnessed Draal die and such a big loss, leading them to be trapped!"

"Hey, don't start hyperventilating."

"I CAN'T HELP IT!"

"Let's have some faith, maybe they'll get out." Eli shrugged.

"You can have faith if you want! Mine's fled my body in terror from all the damage this is doing to me!"

"It's okay, wingman. You tried." Toby supported but Blinky was having none of it, pushing past.

"It's hardly okay. We're on the distinctly wrong side of the cavern's collapse. Merlin's tomb will now apparently become our own."

"Wow, thank you, Blinky for reassuring us and totally not making the situation all the more frightening," Toby said dryly turning to face the troll.

"Alright, I could say that everything was alright, we are free and will not die. A moment later you are pinned beneath a sizable crystal and never make it out."

"I mean.... Hope is good if that doesn't happen."

"Let's not forget that it is now Merlin and Draal's tomb." The student earned harsh glares. "Too soon?"

"Way too soon." However, Draal just laughed, not seeming to mind his death. It wasn't that odd that he was already accepting it, he wasn't afraid of it.

The rumbling had grown stronger, the jagged broken pieces of crystal raining down on the teens as they tried to keep their balance. However, it seemed as if they were targets as a vast pile of rocks had crashed into the spot the teens once stood.

They took cover behind Aaarrrgghh, pressing against the stone that had trapped them in such a predicament. They covered their heads while Aaarrrgghh hovered over them protectively. Fortunately, when a break in the rumbling had occurred, Claire spotted an opening.