A Night to Remember

Author's Note:

Very good explanation on why we didn't update for a little bit. The beginning of October and all the way to Thanksgiving was slammed with daily life, we barely had free time to actually get this chapter done and it was exhausting.

Thank you all for being patient throughout this time, sorry for the inconvenience and please enjoy the chapter. Hopefully Season 2 will be easier to update for us but we cannot make any promises.

Life got in the way.

---------

Side Notes:

We might multi-task and try to complete more before we publish so heads up! As always, please enjoy!

---------

"We need help!" Jim's frantic voice called from the pitch black screen, the horn of the car still constant. "Please!" As the darkness began to dim, Jim was trying to keep his mother on her feet, holding her close to him before the screen had gone black again.

When the image reappeared, it was nothing but the cracks in the stone floor, troll feet lurking in the corners of the view, Barbara's panting and the murmurs of the confused trolls was all that was heard.

Jim seemed to be struggling to keep his mother's heavy weight up while she weakly lifted her head, only to be greeted by blurry images of Trolls.

Everyone cooed at Jim's sorrow expression, he was trying so hard to make sure his mother came first and it hurt the crowd to know that this was something he has to deal with in the first place.

"Humans in Trollmarket!"

"What's going on?!" The cries of the trolls were nothing but echoes.

"What are they doing here?"

"I don't trust them," a purple troll spat.

"They don't belong here." As the trolls harped on the injured humans, Barbara was growing weaker, the wound on her neck growing harsh. She blinked up to the staircase, only seeing blends of colors.

"Where are we?" Barbara asked weakly.

"Just hold on, mom, you're somewhere safe."

"As all the trolls are scolding them for being in Trollmarket."

"Shut up, I need to see how this all plays out, Barbara is hurt!"

"I can't, it's hard to breathe," Barbara mumbled, Jim instantly catching on to what she had said as his head whipped to the side, eyes wide and heart pumping rapidly.

"We need Vendel! Where's Vendel!?" Jim cried as Barbara's knees gave out, the two dropping to the floor as the rest of the team had finally appeared, Claire's voice shrill at the sight.

"Jim!" She cried, kneeling down to his level and placing a hand on his knee.

"Great Gronkamora! What happened?" Blinky asked.

"Angor attacked Strickler, the binding spell," Jim breathed out. Speaking of Strickler, the man let out a cough as he pulled himself from the car, holding his neck. The trolls did not appreciate the sight of him, as they all crowded him, spewing out threats.

"Changeling!"

"Let's crush him," a much larger troll stated, raising his fist, only for Aaarrrgghh to bound over, his fist raised as well but not at Strickler.