His Choice

Author's Note:

Last author note.... Let's conclude the first book guys! Welcome to the revealed plot and Jim's ultimate choice! As always, at the end of each book of this series:

HONOR TO:

~ Anton Yelchin ~

Thank you for being our Trollhunter till the end! Your memory forever lives on and Jim was the last character that was blessed with your voice, which all of us appreciate!

Rest in Peace, Trollhunter!

All Rights go to Dreamworks Production, we do not own the scripts or storylines, only the reactions!

----

You left Toby.

You left your mom.

You left Arcadia.

You left the life you knew.

You left it all.

You won, but at what cost?

His mind had been merciless, beating and bruising him as he watched his future come to a rather unsettling close. Jim could barely feel his heartbeat hammering against his ribcage, his sight had been nothing but a blur, his hands became blotches of color, and not even the silhouette of them had been noticeable.

His hands.

Despite his transformation is far from where he stood, he still felt as if one had been heavier, coloration distorting as a finger somehow vanished before his eyes. He had had the intel shock of watching himself go, leaving his humanity behind.

He hadn't said much, almost pretending that everything was okay, the epic moves he pulled and the victorious win over Gunmar, something the council believed he couldn't do. He pushed that raging, yet, painful feeling of loss aside, trying to focus on the good impacts.

And it still came to haunt him.

The feeling of remorse, pain, and fear had begun to fill him as if the dam inside him had broke open. Everything crashed and as he watched himself walk away from those he loved to fulfill something he couldn't say no to, he was at a loss.

Even witnessing, forcing yourself to watch as your life changed, no matter how much you tried, the reckless but selfless decisions that were made, mostly leading up to what transpired.

But it was for love.

He couldn't deny that, he would do it over if he had and that was the problem. Jim was conflicted with his heart and his mind, not wanting to leave his mother, his friends, and his home. But that precious smile from Claire when she finally felt the warmth of her real brother within her arms, how relieved she had been, her steps full of bounce as she nearly skipped in the school hallways.

To him, that was worth more than the humanity he had lost, the lives he saved, and the friends he made, was all more important than enjoying the dinners he loved to cook, the warm rays of sunlight, and seeing the smile on his mother's face.

His heart hammered, every time he tried to turn the situation into a much more pleasing thought, the life he use to have, would come crawling back up and grip him tightly, nearly sinking its desperate claws in his aching chest. He wouldn't have known, he wouldn't have fought with himself if it hadn't been for that damned host.

Wait. Host.

Every raging thought dropped quickly, his attention moving towards the cloaked figure in the front who seemed rather intrigued with their wrist, which had been barely noticeable, to begin with, that vast cloak shielding their full body from view. Now, Jim would have begun to ask, where on earth did that cloak even come from, and in fact, was that female that had forced them here in the first place still beneath it?