Becoming: Part One

The prolonged day had caused Jim to drop into his bed, not even bothering to change. All he wished for was to slip under the covers and disappear into nothing but a peaceful abyss.

He and the crew returned from the Quagumps where Toby acted as the Shattered King. Of course, the plan didn't really work out since they didn't walk home with another stone but some good came out of it. Claire had asked Jim to go to the dance with her and she had earned her own weapon, the Shadow Staff.

But after all they have done today, Jim couldn't wait to toss the amulet to the side and dip under his covers.

Yet, rest was not an option for him anymore, once his eyelids dropped, the blue light from the amulet nearly lit up the room. Jim lifted his head from the pillow and raised an eyebrow with curiosity. He pulled himself from the bed, his hand gripping onto his phone to dial Blinky's number as he stopped by the desk, staring down at the amulet.

Before he could call, the light grew brighter, nearly blinding him and forcing him to close his eyes.

With a minute of hesitation, Jim slowly opened his eyes, revealing a large theater with rows and rows of chairs. However, it wasn't the only thing that shocked him, a group of bodies had also joined him in the room, their worried voices either calling out names or questions of where they were. Catching on to who these people were Jim's eyes had grown in size. These were his classmates and teachers.

"JIMBO!" A voice echoed. Turning to where his name was called, he found his best friend, Tobias running towards him, his heavy breaths met his ears as his friends finally stood a few feet before him.

"What is going on?!" Toby called out, trying to catch his breath. Before Jim could answer, Claire had found them as well.

"Do you think it has something to do with Angor Rot?" She mumbled, looking around to see if anyone heard her.

Jim winced, he didn't have the answers this time. He was always looked to when something was unexplainable and he had done at least a decent job answering them but this time he felt utterly useless.

"I have no idea." His eyes widened, "my amulet, it started glowing and when I went to call Blinky about it, the glowing stopped and I ended up here. Well, I guess it affected all of us." Jim answered, careful not to say it so loud.

His hands dropped to his pockets to find his amulet, only to find it gone. "Where is it?" With the chatter growing, no one noticed the figure standing in front of the dark screen with a smile, her hands smacking together as she caught each and everyone's attention. The students turned in her direction with questioning looks.

"Alright Arcadia High Students! Before I explain everything, I need you to sit down, which I already picked the seats for you." She said with a smile. With a simple click of her remote, a chart appeared upon the screen, showing rows of names lined to match the chairs.

Stairs | Claire | Jim | Toby | Darci | Mary | Stairs

Stairs|Strickler|Nomura|Barbara|Claire's Parents| Stairs

Stairs | Coach | Mrs. Janet | Eli | Steve | Stairs

Stairs | The rest of the Classmates | Stairs

Stairs | Blinky | Aaarrrgghh | Draal | Vendel |Stairs

With no questions, people sat in their assigned chairs. Some glancing at the empty spots which were incredibly larger than their own but simply ignored it.

"What are we doing here? There is no way I'm sitting next to Eli!" Steve cried out, gagging when he turned to see Eli so close to him.

"I'll explain in a little but if you'd stop complaining. Now-" Her voice dropped when she saw Eli's hand raise. "Yes, Eli?"