A real psychopath

Eyes close, the women sat on her well-made bed. She was silent, emptying her mind.

Like a psychic she abruptly opened them to look at her phone across the room. On the dot, it started ringing.
Katherine got up from her meditation.

"Roy"
She looked out the window that practically made her whole wall facing the city's night sky and the flashing ligth's of the cars going home.

"I'll be there in 10" without delay she put her phone in her pocket, grabbed her bag already on a table and left.

-

"What makes them sure these 44 cases of victims are related?" JJ asked.

"According to the M.E report, they found DNA that matched on the last 44 women's faces. But they didn't know that it was related because each victim corresponds to one state, they never made a nationwide connection until now" Garcia said.

"About time" Morgan said.

"Which states are missing?" Roy asked

Garcia pulled up a map on the screen where some states were crossed out. "These are the one's where we found corresponding DNA matches. The last person found was in Nevada which means he's likely to go-"

"California" She interrupted as she looked at the uncrossed state next to Nevada, one of which was the furthest from where they stood, in Virginia.

"I know it's late, but no time to waste. We can all get on the plane right away, discuss the profile and sleep before landing" Emily said as she stood up and walked away

"Wheel's up in 5, Garcia you're also coming with us"

-

As the team looked at the last crime scene photo's and Garcia avoided them, they started the profile.

"Well he's definitely enraged, it looks like a serious overkill and looking at the other victim's, he's been mad for the past 5 years doing this" Morgan said.

"They dont have anything that similar to each other, his victimology is all over the place" Reid added.

"What does that mean?" Garcia asked, wondering when the gruesome talk would end.

"We might have a psychopath in our hands" Katherine said as she continued to look in detail the pictures, one of them more specifically.

Emily sat next to her as she looked at her, then the picture. "What do you see?" she asked, getting closer next to her to look as well.

The agent put the picture down. It was a sketch of the M.E had made that showed a drawing of where the DNA was found on the face's of the victim.

"I think he may be caressing them? Before or after he kills them. Here see how it traces like you would if you caressed someones cheek?" She pointed to the shape on the photo and turned to face Emily next to her.

"Imagine I have paint on my hand" She carefully approached her hand to Emily's face, to caress her left cheek, but never really touched her.

Leaving Emily frozen as she looked at Katherine using her as an example. Though she didnt touch her face, Emily could feel the coldness of her hands.

How she knew they would be cold and not warm, she did not know.

"Do you guys see it?" She then asked and looked away. Emily couldnt figure out if she was a bit flustered by how easy the gesture made her feel or because everyone was looking at her face. She pushed her silver hair aside.