Death: Dying and killing

Katherine had returned to work the next day and was given many hugs and attention by all, expect one.

As Emily had failed to mention to the team members that Katherine had woken up and would be coming back, they had a great surprise and joy seeing her crossed the doors.

Still, as Emily saw her again in the morning, she was still intimidated by the latest impact her agent had had on her, or still has.
Filled with confusion and embarrassment, Prentiss took the easiest approach.

Giving Katherine some time off, for her to relax and take a break. And for Emily to accept that her feelings were in fact real and causing her to malfunction.

*

"OMG, I thought I would never get to speak to you ever again!" Garcia said as she hugged the air out of Katherine's lungs

"Ow, thanks Garcia"

"We really missed you Roy" Morgan said as he took his turn and than JJ.

Reid took his time to give her the longest hug out of all of them. His face buried in her hair, he smelled her presence and felt better.

As Emily entered the room and saw her, she was surprised, last night wasn't a dream after all.

"Why didn't you tell us she had woken up?" JJ asked Emily. It was obvious to her that amongst all of them, she was the one that would've known first and tell everyone.

Still looking at her, she tried finding words.
"Well, I didn't think you'd be coming back right away, Actually you should take some time off, Well, no, I'm ordering you some time off, take a week to yourself"

*

The night of her return, after visiting Prentiss, Katherine came back at her place. Walking in, the only thing she though of was her cat.

"Elaine?" she asked, looking around. But of course, after 2 weeks alone, surely one of the members had taken her cat. Even if would've survived with her automatic feeder. Upon closer look, Katherine saw where Reid and Prentiss had made some inspections. Books slightly moved and various objects that were misplaced by a few centimetres. Her plants were still intact, her green thumb was quite the magician. Nothing was missing apart from Elaine.

However, when she came in her room, it was the first thing she looked at. Her missing ring along with her resignation letter she had prepared, in case.

Then she knew. Why her boss seemed to be acting weird around her since her return. She had seen her letter and thought she wanted to leave.

As for the ring, Katherine didn't think much of it. What meaning could it hold for Prentiss to take it?. Maybe she thought it could help find her.

"I guess ill have to get them back tomorrow"

*

"You want me to leave?" Katherine asked Emily in front of everyone.

"Do you want to stay?" Emily asked. Such a simple question could have so many meanings. But how was Katherine supposed to know, that Prentiss was asking something different, in her heart.

Baffled, Katherine thought maybe last night she was tired and in the morning would be just like they used to be but it wasn't. Something had changed or actually, intensified. But now, Emily was afraid.

"I guess Ill take some time off then" Katherine said as she took her bag and walked away. "See you guys" She said as she passed her colleagues.

Maybe Prentiss thought that having her take a break was good, but Katherine had wanted to take a job to change her mind, have a normal life and move on.
Getting some time off wasn't what she wanted. But faced with the attitude she had this morning, Katherine was also as stubborn and acted accordingly.