Regrets

After her confession, Katherine remained silent, observed by her friends and CSIS Agents, she only avoided the stares of her one and only poison standing in the room, Emily.

She was fuming, enraged, confused and exhausted. Prentiss had almost burst into rage as she heard Katherine said those words. But true to her real nature, she also wondered why?

Yes, Katherine had been betrayed and to her, Laura was gone forever and so was the part of her that loved her.

So what could possibly be her motive to the murder? Peace? If so, she would have it now that she was truly gone, why take the blame? Or die for it?

-

Still contained with handcuffs, Katherine stayed alone that night in the jail cell she usually brought unsubs. Her mind was clear about her decision, she wouldn't cave in.

Determined, Emily had negotiated time for them to find something before she was handed to the CSIS, she couldn't accept Katherine being prosecuted by a mere simple confession, she needed hard evidence, one she hoped would force Katherine to admit innocence.

-

"She doesn't have any purchased on her card from Friday, seems like she wasn't out that day, maybe stayed in. Her only one she had is well, the grand piano that costed her a big penny and some books and for her, that was a small expense" Garcia said as she rolled through her friend's bank account.

"Any cameras that would indicate she left her house during the week?" Morgan asked

"Hmm no, she came back home a bit late on Monday, she went out Tuesday for the piano, got it delivered, installed by the end of the day and never came out until yesterday morning when she came back to work." She added

"Any way she could leave another way?" JJ asked

"No, I don't think so, we didn't see another way out when we got to her place" Reid answered.

Truthfully, Emily knew that there wasn't another way, she had just spent the night in her apartment, looking through everything, the doors, curtains, chairs, stairs, frames, books, kitchen, the bathrooms and her room.
She had negotiated 24h to be able to find something, anything before the CSIS made their own investigation. She knew Agent. Veck wouldn't be impartial.

But so was she, because she loved her.

That night, she as frustrated to not find anything of value, nothing about Laura, nothing about her past.

It truly reflected as if she had moved on, but her demeanour was not. Everything, she had only expressed her need for a lavish lifestyle, how she loved purple and green, how organized she was, clean almost perfectionist.
Such grandness and richness yet so much emptiness behind.

"There couldn't be one, she was on the top floor, she would have to be seen in an elevator or one or the cameras in the staircase" Emily said.

"I've got nothing" Garcia said.

"Then that's good, it means that she was at home and couldn't have done the murder" Morgan said.

"But is that good enough?" Reid asked his colleagues as they all hesitated. Surely Katherine was smart enough to try and twist this story

12 hours to go, they still had time to dig.

"What about calls?" JJ asked

"She got a call from Emily on Tuesday, that's it"

"What did you talk about?" Reid asked.

She took a deep breath before confessing as well.

"After Jeremy got arrested, I.... went to visit him at the detention centre, I learned that, ..she asked him to stab her to death instead of shooting her, because she knew she didnt have any bullets in" she said as the others raised theirs eyebrows.