Priority

Elizabeth did not return that day.
Maybe she had other plans or stuff to do, but Katherine wouldn't have wanted it any other way

However,
Since that morning, Emily had distanced herself from her, and she didn't know why.

She talked to her briefly before she excused herself about important matters like her council.
You'd think Emily would've wanted to talk to her about it, help her, consult, mentor or advise her about what she might expect, but no.

Emily stayed cold.

*

"Hey" Katherine popped her head inside the doorframe as Emily continued writing, head down.

"What is it?" Emily simply asked as she flicked the pages an continued writing.

"Huh- well. I left earlier, everything with Eliz-"

"I'm not mad" Emily interrupted her as she took a break to at least take a glance.

Katherine felt the split bitterness in her lie. She opened her mouth to say something before thinking and just turning away.

*

If Katherine had upset Emily, she knew it was because of Elizabeth. However, she thought that Emily would've been more interested.

After all, they did have a small fight about it, but now Emily was distant, not showing any interest in Elizabeth. Nor in Katherine

She seemed,...closed off
And Katherine didn't know why but didn't push further, not wanting to lose what they had.

If Emily wanted it that way.
Katherine would do what she wanted.

On that day,

They exchanged no other words.

Actually, Emily didn't say a word to her or the rest of the team.
Either occupied in her office working or in deep conversation, argument and negotiation with the CSIS representatives in a conference room.

Emily would avoid getting close by Katherine's desk or have visual view of it. Her blinds were closed, preventing Katherine to see Emily.

Why?

Because Katherine had kept the cup in the corner. Still there, even thought she only drank half of it and the rest was cold.

Yep. Jealous of a coffee cup

As everyone was leaving, Katherine hoped to catch Emily and talk, about Elizabeth, what had happened, Morgan, them, everything.

But Emily was quick, used to avoid and deflect.
As Katherine had turned around for only a moment to gather her things, she was already gone.

As Katherine looked to see if maybe by change Emily was still close, JJ spoke.

"Emily just needs time to process this. Elizabeth this morning....You know, it was a shock for you and all of us." She said as she tried to reassure her.

Katherine almost wanted to judge Emily for behind more affected than her by Elizabeth's presence.
After all, Katherine did act out at the start but now it seemed to be affecting Emily more.
Did Katherine just have more self control or was she out of her mind to talk to Elizabeth even after 5 years?