Discovering

*
As Katherine got out of her car to walk towards the elevator in the basement of the apartment building, she walked alone in the dark of the night. Her bag in hand and her keys in the other she stopped in front of the doors and pushed the up button.

"If you're here to kill me now you better get the courage to do it before I get into this elevator" She said still looking at the steel doors. She waited as she looked at the numbers going down.

5th floor

4th  floor

3rd floor

2nd floor

She felt a sharp blade on the side of her neck

"Give me your gun" the man said. He wore black, a mask, gloves, unrecognisable but to his voice, he wasn't an old man, rather, he seemed young.

Katherine stood still, watching the doors of the elevators open. She looked inside, no one was in but knew someone or rather something, was watching. She looked at the upper corner and winked before the doors shut closed.

"Are you listening to me? Give me your gun!" the man say in a more threatening tone, he put more pressure on his blade and put out his other hand.

The agent put down her bag and reached for her gun, with a gentle gesture she raised her hand leaving the trigger untouched. She turned around to face her predator and gave a smile. She handed him her gun and waited for further instructions.

"Your bag and badge, in the trash" he demanded as he pointed the trash can next to the doors. "Hold out your hands"

Katherine gave a sigh but obliged to his demands.

He held her own gun to her face, threatening her. He took out handcuffs and put them on her hands.

As she was restrained, the man seemed more at ease, he ordered her to walk towards a black SUV.

"Get in" he said as he pressed her gun to her back.

But stubborn as she is after following orders from a man, she at least had something to say.

"Really? You're not going to bang me in the head so that at least in don't know here you're taking me? Am I a target or a hostage here?" she said.

"Shut up!" the man said as he put a bag on top of her head. She could not see anything as she was forced to get into the passage seat and wait as he tied her up in the seat and restrained her feet. For a moment Katherine thought about the opportunity to maybe try to take a nap as she was cool as a cucumber, but the shear curiosity and her lack of self preservation she held, kept her awake, aware of all the sounds, turns, stops that surrounded her.

-

It seems that they drove all night, say maybe 5 hours. When they arrived at the destination Katherine was forced to wait again to be untied to her seat, and was instructed verbally how to navigate inside the mystery location.

"Turn left" he said, and to which she did.

All she could feel was the coldness on the room, through the fabric she could see a very bright light. She could hear the man putting something down on a table next to the door. He pushed her forwards so that her foot would bump into something.

"Sit"

She turned around and sat in the metal chair waiting for her. The sound of chains approached her from the front and came up behind her. Chaining her to the chair and the floor, she could not escape. The bag that refrained her sight was removed as she winced at the blasting lights of multiple sources, The room looked like a white studio. Only her in the middle, lights, a small table with different objects. Next to the door. She took a better look at the man that kidnapped her.