Council with the con

Katherine and Emily kept looking at each other

Emily pushed her hair to the side as she waited for an answer. She pressed her lips together as she made sure her lipstick was intact, flashing her another little smile.

Teasing? She could do it as well

Emily never wore lipstick, she couldnt even remember when she had before. But something made her think it was fit for this occasion. Granted, she would simply act as if nothing had changed, but would enjoy the lustful eyes Katherine would glance at her.

"Well..." Katherine said as she swallowed her thirst for Emily's lips. She looked at the panel in front of her. "To put it simply, I wanted to grasp someone's attention amongst the CSIS, I had no ill intentions towards the undercover cases I took"

"Yes, as we seemed to had notice this morning and with a few words with Agent Veck, that person happened to be Agent Preston. Correct?"

"Yes"

"And what exactly is your relationship with her?"

Katherine looked at Emily for a second.

"We fell in love whilst she had been on a mission to extract information from me. I know that in your files it says that she only left because she had obtained the information needed,... but thats not true"

"You dont-"

"Silence" One of the man asked as Agent Veck interrupted Katherine

"I think you can all imagine how I felt when I heard the news of her sudden death....."

The panel was silent, thought they knew what was
written in paper, Katherine would expose a secret.

She looked around to look at all their faces.

"Ive known she was alive for 5 years now, when a sudden case was brought to me about bounties on federal agents heads, I simply wanted to see if the CSIS had also been targeted. I do have to admit I shouldnt have infiltrated the system, however seeing as I was still upset about her leaving me as she did, I needed answers. Thinking I was still in love with her."

"And are you?"

Katherine looked at Emily again. This time, she wasnt the one who asked. She simply looked at her as she waited for her to answer.

Only looking into Emily's eyes, Katherine could answer.

"No.

-the mere thought of it is impossible.....I do not love her nor do I hate her. "

She paused again.

"I've let go, as I've learned that she was forced to leave, it was not her decision. In the end, her mission was unsuccessful as she didnt get anything, only leaving our hearts broken."

Both representatives looked at their files as they whispered together.

"Are you saying that the mission was terminated wrongfully?"

Agent Veck seemed uneasy. He had pulled strings at the time but those werent suitable to last longer.

"Elizabeth knew things,...that I told her, enough to provide plenty for the CSIS, but she chose to stay longer, for many years...She did not leave just because she had finally gotten the information she wanted,..... she already had it."