Gravestone

Denial.

The silence was loud, quite uncomfortable.

She couldn't believe it. The woman she loved had an identity she knew nothing of. Was everything she knew and loved all fake? They stayed silent as they looked at a photo Garcia had pulled up. The gravestone had her name but no last words engraved

-

"Did she fake her death because she used to be in the CIA?" Morgan asked Garcia.

Still shocked she looked through the file "No, its not related to the CIA"

"I'm sorry, are you telling me that Agent Roy is not Katherine Roy?" Prentiss asked.

"No it is really her; I just don't understand why she has a death certificate and a grave" Garcia said as she checked her identity, "She's the real deal guys and she's the one who bought the land for her grave"

With a sigh of relief, the team than knew that she was genuine, but still, did not know the reason for her actions.

"Where exactly is the gravestone?" Emily asked

"Humm, its 1 hours drive from the main city, we did a case there not long ago, maybe that's why she was acting so carelessly"

Then, something clicked inside Emily's mind.

"The hotel, where we slept, how far away is it by foot?" Prentiss asked.

"Quite far, you'd have to walk 3 hours in and 3 hours back. Why? " 

"She said she went out for a walk, it had been 2 hours and I called her. She said she was coming back and a fell asleep, I don't know when she came back" Emily said.

"So... she went to visit her grave" JJ said. Not as a question but a statement. All seemed to have nodded as they understood. Something was important about that grave, but again none knew the meaning.

*
Katherine grew tired during the day of waiting. Seeing nothing but 4 white walls grew boredom. With her mouth shut she peacefully went into a hypnotic state of sleep.

A great aspect of this is that when you 'sleep' , you don't dream,  or think, or worry about anything that matters. Nothing exists is this state. Nothing but floating in a cloud. All of you is silent.

Until she was shaken by the shoulders,

"Wakey wakey" the man said as he ripped the tape from her mouth. She started talking immediately.

"So when you kill me yeah? Can you not use my gun, I don't want to die by a bullet. I prefer the knife, maybe straight to the heart, its more theatrical. You can do that cant you? It's the least you can do"

To which he replied by regret. He regretted setting her lips free and put the tape back on.

"Now you shut up, I'm not doing anything you want and you're going to sit here and wait for your friends to came and fetch you"

Katherine couldn't do anything but to nod in agreement and roll her eyes again at the unprofessionalism of this criminal. Honestly, why couldn't he just kill her already. She had been ready for so many years. 

*

"Guys" JJ said as her and Morgan lit up. "I think we know who the unsub is"

Unsurprisingly, the unsub was the son of one of the unsubs the BAU had previously investigated some years ago. The arrest was particularly violent as the local police Chief had been emotionally involved with one of the victims and had pulled the trigger much sooner than needed during a show down.