I miss you...

As you soared out into the world of the living. You noticed complete mayhem . Dead exorcist scattered the area with blood everywhere. Rin's grandpa was shaken up, "It wasn't suppose to happen like this". You flung yourself high into the sky looking for hope. Hope that somewhere out there Rin was okay.

You heard screaming off into the distance. You looked closely seeing Emerald and Taku getting over run with a swarm of demons. You quickly flew over there. Retrieving your sword that now is completely back with a glowing blade and a white ribbon. You grabbed the ribbon and was swinging the sword around. It was purifying the demons. This is how you get rid of demons, you thought, you don't kill them... You heal them. You did a quick back flip into the air catching your sword gracefully in your hands.

There was something engraved into the blade of the sword that wasn't there before. It was written with dark glowing blue. It reminded you of Toshi, before he died. His dark eyes looking at you hoping that you could save him. They killed him... They killed my best friend! You thought. Then read the engravings "I'll always be with you -Toshi". You were taken back. You gasped, how is this possible? He died! I watched him die! You had tears streaming down your face.

Flash back:

"Your like 10," a bully at school began taking Mr. Stripes out of your hold, "and yet you still carry around this little stuffed animal?" The big bully grabbed Mr. Striped by the head and body and begun to pull him apart. "Hey!" You yelled, "what are you doing?!" You started to hit the older, stronger kid. "Stop it!" you cried, "you're hurting him!"

Even with your plea the bully didn't stop. He only started to mock you more. He pushed you down and his friend's held you there. It started to pour and your uniform was getting muddy. Shiro came out of the church finally and looked over to see you on the ground. He started to run and yell to get the boys to leave like they were birds. The bully kicked you right in your side and stuffed Mr. Stipes head in your mouth, then ran home.

Shiro picked you up off the ground and took Mr. Stripes out of your mouth. He wiped away your cheeks and gave you a sad smile. "What jerks, huh? " he tried to lighten up the mood. You nodded and hugged Shiro with Mr. Stripes still in your hand.

When you got into your room. Mr. Stripes turned into Toshi. His throat was all red and he gripped it in pain. "Toshi" you cried seeing how bad of condition he was in, "I'm so sorry!" He looked at you with worry. He hated to see you cry, he cupped your face in between his hands and gently wiped away the tears, "It's okay. You didn't do anything wrong." He smiled. "If I took you away from the bullies... Then you wouldn't be hurt!" you said holding back the sobs. "Get changed before you get sick." he said. But instead you grabbed Toshi's hand and led him to the bathroom.

You made him sit on the closed lid toilet. You grabbed a wash cloth and got it wet. You gently dabbed it on his neck to hopefully relief him of his pain. The redness had gone down and he stopped clenching his jaw after a while. You looked at him and gave a sad smile. You sneezed suddenly. Toshi shook his head, "Your sick aren't you?"

"No I'-" You sneezed again. He placed a hand on your forehead and sighed, "You didn't change out of your wet clothes and now your sick." He took care of a sick you for a week without any objections.

You two were close... closer than family.

He was your familiar and you let him down.

You turned around to see Taku in a protective stance with Emerald behind him. Taku looked like shit. He had big red puffy eyes. He was on guard with clench teeth. He was hurting like you were hurting. You put your hand up, "Taku... I'm sorry." You said in a low voice.

He seemed to soften up a bit. Emerald took out her sword from her bracelet, "Get any closer and I'll cut you down" she warned. You just looked at her, "I'm on your side dummy!"

 Taku placed his hand on her sword and made her lower it. "Is... Is Toshi.." He said with pleading eyes. You looked away in shame, "Yeah he's gone..."

"Then how are you.... Like this?" Taku pointed to all of you.

"Satan helped..." you whispered.

"So you met the big man" he smiled, "He's here anyway..." Taku looked up at the sky.

"I sometimes forget your a demon" you chuckled.

"What the hell are you guys talking about!" Emerald butted in.

"About how you need to learn to respect people" You started to approach Emerald. She backed down. "There's a pecking order in this world." You growled, "And there is no way in hell you'll make it if you have an attitude like that. Do. You. Understand." She nodded her head, "I'm only like this cause I'm scared..."

"There's nothing to be afraid of" you said looking to the sky where swarms of demons are protecting the gates of Gahanna. You look at Emerald, "Have you seen Rin or Yukio?"

She nodded her head, "They both were around here a little bit ago."

"That helped a lot" you said sarcastically, "Help me look for them."

You both leaped into the sky and were flying around looking for the twins. You found them talking to Arthur. They were coming up with a plan to weaken the demons protecting the gates. You and Emerald landed in front of them. Both of you had your swords out ready to attack.

Rin was in a middle of a sentence but stopped when he saw you. He stood up and hugged you tight. You hugged back immediately. "I thought I lost you" he whispered. "I did too" You replied.

Yukio coughed to get your attention, "(Y/N), Emerald" he began but Taku barged in, "and Taku, can you guys help us?" He asked.

"What needs to be done" You asked as you threw your sword across your shoulders. "Can you help us close the gates of Gahanna?"

"Thought you would never ask. What's the plan?"

"We're going to bring the light from the Vatican here using a teleport key. All we need you guys to do is help bring the gates down."

Emerald sweat dropped, "Sounds easier than done."