Kuro

Rin and I were sleeping soundly. Till I heard scratching at the door. At first I thought it was just my imagination. Scratch. I heard it again. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times. Trying to process what's going on. Meow. Scratch. I got up and walked to the door. I hesitated and opened it to see little Kuro looking up with sad eyes like he was about to cry. I smiled, "Kuro. What's wrong?"

He just looked away closing his eyes and had the tears well up on the sides of his face. I bent down and petted his head, "You can sleep with us."

He looked up with his small mouth opened a little. I gently wrapped my hands around his small body. I held him close to my chest and was rubbing the side of his body with my thumb. I kissed the top of his head continuously and walked back to bed. Rin was left in the exact same position as before. He was facing my side of the bed with his hair covering his face, mouth opened slightly snoring. He looked absolutely peaceful. I crawled in to bed with Kuro still in my hold.

I held Kuro closely petting him softly. He fell asleep quickly. I still didn't let him go. I didn't like seeing Kuro so sad. I just wanted him to feel safe. Sometimes I feel like he thinks that I'm taking Rin away from him.

I curled up into a ball with kuro in a small center that he fit into. I loved these boys... They're all I got left.

+++

In the morning I woke up with Kuro licking my face and Rin calling my name. I opened one eye to see Rin laughing and Kuro smiling.

"What's so funny?" I asked petting Kuro's head soothingly.

"Oh, nothing" Kuro blushed.

"Tell me" I said puckering my lips making a silly face. Both the boys were on the floor dying of laughter.

I walked to the mirror seeing that there wasn't anything odd about my appearance. "Guys come on tell me what is it?" I whined.

"Kuro was telling me how he woke up to you spooning the hell out of him" Rin said wiping tears from his eyes, "Kuro just wanted food last night. Not a cuddle buddy."

"oh..." I said sweat dropping.