[12] Your Father

Who's ready for this?

Reader POV

In the days that followed, I was indeed chosen to be a royal knight but due to injuries, I was still bedridden for a few more days. Nozel moved me to his home where Noelle kept fussing over me, scared I might die even though I assured her I was alright.

I was told to go to the wizard king's castle by Yuno who told me that Lord Julius wanted to tell me something important.

"You don't have to come with me," I said as I got up from my bed.

"Yes I do, idiot. What if you fall over again?" Yuno looked at me like I was a helpless child. "Honestly, (y/n). Just let me take care of you, alright?"

I gave in and allowed him to pick me up and bring me to a chair which had wheels. "You're so fussy."

It's like you're an animal protecting its injured mate.

"You're so clumsy. Shut up and let me take you."

I was quiet as he brought me to the wizard king's castle, only his office was empty. "Maybe he's out scouting magic?"

Yuno was about to say something smart when we saw Captain Vangeance with him on the roof. "What's our captain doing?"

I opened the window and climbed out, ignoring Yuno's protests, only for the wizard king to notice me.

"(y/n)! Watch out!" He lunged towards me, but it was too late.

As I stood absolutely still, I watched my beloved captain turn into Licht, leader of the terrorist group. "No...."

"You're the little brat who's always trying to get in my way!" Licht unleashed his whip, about to strike me.

"(y/n)!!!" Yuno rushed to my aid but the wizard king got there first.

Lord Julius took the blow, grunting a bit. "No harm shall ever come to her, especially from you."

"Lord Julius!"

He turned towards me and Yuno, looking mostly at Yuno. "Take her somewhere safe. Now!"

Yuno was never one to disobey orders, and that wasn't going to change, especially now. He picked me up quickly and flew out, only to run into Captain Yami.

"What the hell is going on?" He snapped to Yuno.

"It's Licht! He's here! He's Captain Vangeance!" I said to the captain who clutched his sword.

"I knew it. That masked bastard." He ran towards the direction of the wizard king and I kicked Yuno extremely hard, him grunting in pain.

I followed Yami towards the fighting, only for a huge array of swords made entirely of light to almost hit my head, but the wizard king stopped it.

I made it onto the roof but let out a scream when I saw it.