[9] The Secret of the Silva

I fucking love this song. The movie bought me to tears (dw, I won't spoil it).

Reader POV

Windsor Lunettes came the following week and recognized the necklace, taking it from me with the utmost of care.

"This has been guarded by our family for generations," he said. "We swore to protect the forgotten magic. (y/n), your family guards this secret alongside us and another royal family."

"My family?"

Windsor used his magic to enlarge the crystal and I could see writing on it, written in a very ancient language. "Melody Silva, your mother. She and her brother come from a very long line of magical beings, but you'll have to have Nozel Silva explain the rest to you. There's a reason why House Silva's magical traits overpower anything else."

"So what does that mean?" Yuno asked.

"It means that we have to wait longer. They won't say anything." I sighed. "Well, Nozel better get his ass here quickly."

Nozel Silva wasn't happy to be called away from his duties but agreed to come. When he arrived, he informed us that Noelle had gone to investigate an underwater temple nearby and that we should meet up with her later.

"This necklace...it's actually a source of magic. The fact you found it means that the magic is yours." Nozel handed it back to me and created a complex metropolis using his mercury magic.

Klaus immediately recognized the system, having read many books as a child on mysteries. "Atlantis! It's real!"

"It is." Nozel confirmed. "Shortly before my mother passed away, she told me the truth." Nozel's magic produced a figure of a huge throne and sitting on it was a mermaid-like person. "What I'm about to tell you lot is highly classified. Even Lord Julius doesn't know too much, and if the secret should get out..."

"We won't tell a soul," I assured my older cousin.

Nozel nodded. "Lord Windsor, if you would."

The man nodded and sealed off the room, casting a spell that blocked others from listening in.

"Atlantis is exactly as the legends say, the underwater capital of sirens, merfolk, and other sea creatures. It can only be accessed by two areas, one being the Heart Kingdom and the other being the Underwater Temple where Noelle is. The Silva family fled the city a couple centuries ago when there was a prosecution towards hybrids, half-human half-whatever."

Nozel showed an image of a human mage using water magic to transform into a mermaid. "Since then, only a few in House Silva have been able to harvest their magic enough to activate a mermaid form, the alternative to the Valkyrie Dress. In fact, Melody Silva was the last to acquire the mermaid form. No one knows where she is, though."

I clenched my fist. "I last heard she went to the Spade Kingdom to avenge Acier Silva's death."

"So did I, but we've sent undercover spies to locate her. It's been ten years. Not a single clue has been left for us...except for the necklace." Nozel picked it up with utmost care. "My father, Remus Silva, inherited this from generations and my father gave it to Melody before he too disappeared."

Mimosa was utterly shocked. "Nozel, if my Aunt Melody and Uncle Remus disappeared, how is it that (y/n) found the necklace in an underwater cave?"

"Wait, you say she found it in a cave underneath the water?" He looked at me with shock and deep respect. "(y/n), I think you found the port to Atlantis by accidentally. The legends of Atlantis that I found in my mother's drawers say that the portal can be found in the hall of the kings or in a deep underwater glowing cave."