[7] Magic Knights Ball

I like this story a little more than I should.

I forgot to mention but in this story, Finral and Langris aren't pre-engaged to Finesse.

Reader POV

I didn't really understand why Yuno was suddenly nicer to me but I wasn't complaining nor was I accepting.

"(y/n)! The Wizard King is going to hold a ball for the Magic Knights. We need dates though!" Mimosa looked disappointed. "I'm not sure who to ask."

"You and Yuno seem like you get along well enough," I teased her.

Mimosa gave me a look of pure disgust. "Yuno's alright but I don't like him like that. I was thinking of just going with my brother."

"Ok, that's boring."

"And who are you going with?"

I shrugged. "I don't think I'm going to go."

"Not going?" She shook her head. "Nope, you're going. If not then I'll be your date."

"I'd rather go with Yuno than go with you. No offense."

Yuno walked into the courtyard just as I said that. "Where are we going?"

I jolted and turned my head, giving him a death glare. "Nowhere. I was just saying I'd rather go to the ball with you than with my cousin."

"Oh." Yuno looked between Klaus and Mimosa then down at me. "Ok. Then it's a date."

"Uh, no!" I shook my head. "It was a joke!"

He shook his head. "Too late now, get over it."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'd rather die."

"That can be arranged!" Mimosa teased me.

"Uh..."

Klaus shook his heat at us. "Such foolishness. Come on, Mimosa. Let's leave the lovebirds alone."

"Yep!" She scurried out of the area. "(y/n)! We're going shopping tomorrow!"

"No! Wait!" I tried to go after her and Klaus but Yuno stopped me.

"Come on. The ball is in a week. You already have me to escort you. Why waste your time looking for someone to go with?"

I gave him a harsh stare. "I might've protected you back in the dungeon but that doesn't mean we're ok. I don't like you one bit, Yuno."

"I don't need you to, or at least not immediately. But at least give me a chance." He reached out towards me but I moved away.

"Why are you so complicated?" I turned away. "I'm not going."

Yuno took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. "Alright. If you change your mind, I'll still be here."

Why is he acting so damn weird?!

I walked out of there, nearly running into Langris Vaude. "Langris! I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

"It's no problem. How are things going for you? I heard from the captain that there's going to be a magic knights ball. You're not going with anyone?"

"I'm not going. I'd rather not deal with it."

"Shame, I was actually going to ask you to go. I know you wouldn't be using me for status and we've known each other for a long time anyway. And it would please our parents."

I thought long and hard about it, he did have a point. Society did expect me to go with Langris, Klaus, or perhaps Leopold, considering I was most likely going to be engaged to one of them someday.