[6: Hope]

Double Update!

Reader POV

I woke up in another place, a much different place than what I passed out in. A guard was standing very close to me, another one holding Caspian. I struggled to sit up and the guard gently pushed me down.

"Your Highness, it would be wise for you to not move," the guard said in a voice that did not sound normal.

I heard footsteps and saw the guard holding Caspian move away, using some sort of shadow magic.

"(y/n)." Yuno came into view, holding a sword that looked familiar to me. "You know, ripping a throne to shreds with a sword will not change the fact that you are still a queen, though I have authority over you." He sat down next to the bed I was on, the guards moving around him in a circle.

I gave him a disgusted stare. "You are nothing to me, asshole. You did so much to me and I hope someday God damns you to eternal Hell."

He laughed mockingly. "Being married to you is enough."

"Yet you're the one who never allowed me to end our marriage."

Yuno shrugged. "It would seem that way. By any chance did you take Bell with you?"

"How could I? I don't have wind magic, or magic for that matter thanks to you." I snapped. "Where is our child?"

"Amora? Our daughter is fine, but where is Caspian?"

I was about to mention the guard when one behind Yuno held up a seal, one which made me try to not react. "I don't know, how would I? I just woke up."

He scoffed and leaned in close. "You're plotting something, aren't you? It's going to be painful for you to lie, so I shall come back later and decide what to do with you."

With that, he left and the enchantments on the doors was placed back. The guards looked around to make sure he was gone and then removed their masks.

There standing in front of me was Noelle, Vanessa, Secre, Jack Ripper, Mereleona, Dawn, Langris, and Nozel holding the seal of House Silva.

"We've come for you," Nozel said gruffly. "Caspian is safe, Nacht took him quietly to Asta and is with Finral right now."

"Huh-"

"Your Highness," Dawn looked at me with determination in her eyes. "We've finally received orders to rescue you."

"Rescue me?"

Langris nodded and opened a portal as Secre broke the enchantments except for the magic restraints. "You're coming home."

"What about my daughter?"

Noelle gave me a kind look. "Nacht is getting her right now. You will be home soon." Dawn's magic fully healed me and I gave the pair a grateful look.

Nozel looked out the window and came back with alarm. "He knows we're here. Quick, get her through that portal." Langris nodded and dragged with Noelle and Dawn, leaving the rest behind.

"Wait, what about the others?" I asked Langris with alarm.

He gave me a look that told me nothing. "They will be fine. They have Mereleona. My magic only takes us so far so we will have to go on foot from here."

Nozel lead us through the secret tunnels well below the castle, Dawn using her magic to guide us. Nacht met up with us again with Finral and handed me my child.

"Is she okay?" I held her with worry.

Nacht nodded. "I had to give her a sedative otherwise she may jeopardize our mission to bring you and your family home safely."

I held her close, thanking Nacht. "But what about the other guards?"

Noelle and Nozel exchanged triumphant looks. "They tried to best us, but we knocked em out quickly. Now, let's go."

Dawn lead us to the exit, Nacht using his shadow magic to create a float for us to move quicker. "I'm afraid you will have to make the final journey yourself,"

"What-"

"There they are! Capture the queen and the kids!" I recognized Laurence Grinberryall as he came up to us with his quick star magic, but what he did next surprised us.

As his men and women kept trying to stop us, he looked at me with wisdom and held my arm close as he spoke lowly. "I hope you survive and bring with you the full force of your kingdoms. He may have hurt you, but you are strong. Go and don't disappoint me." And he pushed me into a star gate he created, raising his sword, after pushing two things into my cape's pocket.

I held Caspian and Amora close to me as the effects ended. We found ourselves in a forest. No one was around, the moon disappearing behind a cloud.

"Follow the compass and come back with an army," I read aloud. I knew Laurence did not like Yuno for taking the crown, but I did not know if I could trust him.

Caspian shivered in the cold and I gave him my coat, holding Amora close to me.

"We must follow the compass. They sacrificed themselves for us, Cassie. We can't let them fight in vain."

I followed the compass for what seemed like hours until we found a gorge, a seal of the old Spade Kingdom's royal guard mounted on a totem in a religious manner. I came closer to it and recognized the name. Niaflem.

Yuno had once told me that his savior, Ralph Niaflem had brought him out of the castle when the Dark Triad attacked, bringing him to Hage but his father dying.

This cross is most likely a tribute to Ralph's father who died for a crown stained with lies and blood.

Yet..,we kept walking. Caspian jumped with fright at the glow of a distant object. I gave Amora to him, drawing my sword. If they were going to try and stop us, I would cut them down. The object's light was snuffed out and we were left with the darkness.

The darkness was unsettling. I held my sword close to me, my breathing hitched. I cursed Yuno for placing anti-magic things on me, but hopefully Asta would be able to help me once I made it.

I heard whooshes in the forest and saw people wearing demon masks coming towards me with torches, a truly terrifying sight. Caspian was about to defend us when one took off her mask, revealing a woman who had short sandy-blonde hair.

"Are you the Queen of the Spades?" She asked, her people coming closer. When I nodded, she sighed in relief. "Dazu, we found her. Secure the forest and alert Asta that she is safe."

"As you wish, Bow." Dazu gave her a look and lead her group to the ends of the forest, the lights going out.

Bow looked at me with sympathy as she put a cloak over us. "This cloak makes us invisible and undetectable. You are safe now."

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"Old friends of Asta and Noelle's. You might remember us." She held up a mask that made me stand rigid.

"You're the Devil Worshippers!"

Bow nodded. "We are. We pledged loyalty to Asta once he was crowned and he tasked us with bringing you back. It's been so long, Your Highness."

"Mom, where are we?" Caspian asked with worry.

Bow gave him a sympathetic smile. "A kingdom south of your own."

We walked for a bit longer before stopping atop a hill, the moon coming out from behind a cloud to illuminate the countryside and a small church in the distance.

"Your Highnesses, welcome to the village of Hage  in the Clover Kingdom."