[10] Feels Different

While I was writing this my cat farted. It smells bad now🥰😁

Happy Valentines!

Reader POV

When we arrived back at the base, I noticed how people were whispering about me of all people.

"What's this we hear about you and Yuno being close, possibly dating?" Langris asked me one gloomy morning at breakfast.

I let out a disgusted sound, dropping my utensils on the floor as my teammates sat rigid in their seats. "Excuse me?"

"You're excused. Now. Are you two dating?"

"If we were, it wouldn't be any of your business." Yuno gave Langris a bored stare. "But we're not."

The vice captain gave him a dirty glare but accepted his answer. "Good. Need I remind you that you're high nobility and half royalty?"

I gave him a menacing glare to the point where he slowly backed away. "I don't care who he is or who I am. When you die, what will God say? 'Oh, you're royalty and high nobility so therefore you get to Heaven'? No. We're all equal in his eyes. I judge people based on their personality and not on their socioeconomic status."

He gave me a nod. "I see how it is. As soon as a peasant joins our brigade, your sights go haywire. Don't worry, we'll set you straight-"

"Vice Captain, with all due respect you're wrong." Klaus moved closer to Yuno. "He is a respectable boy of high morale. And unlike you, he's worked hard to get into this squad. He had no connections prior. You should be ashamed of how you are treating him."

"I'm surprised at you, Klaus." Langris' gaze drifted to me. "You of all people should side with me, considering that you-"

"Can you both stop?" Mimosa was clearly fed up with all the drama caused by my so-called relationship with our comrade. "What (y/n) chooses to do is her business. You've no right to tell her what to do."

Thanks, Mimosa. I lowkey hated you for a bit but maybe you're not a snake in sheep's clothing.

"I've lost my appetite." I got up and walked out, Yuno saying the same and following me. He and I went to the lake to take a walk as we normally did ever since we got to the base, only Klaus and Mimosa didn't join this time.

"That happened," he said. "I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable."

"Don't be. I understand why Langris is upset." I sat down near the water's edge. "At one point he thought we would be engaged since our parents saw how close we were. I guess he still has feelings. I personally only saw him as a good friend."

Yuno sat down next to me. "If you don't mind me asking, how are you dealing with everything?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just everything. You seem so stressed. I don't know how to help you. I hate seeing you like this."

I shrugged. "I'm not coping, if I'm being honest. I pretend like everything's okay so no one worries for me. I guess you're too good at detecting, huh?"

"I am. I did grow up with many siblings."

I looked down at the sand and started making clumps with it. "I usually go exercise my magic. But I break down easily. I'm not good when it comes to someone confronting me, everything breaks like a damn. I cling too much onto people who show they care. I'm afraid I'm going to drive everyone away if I express how I truly feel."

Yuno hesitated before putting his arm around me. "You can't drive me away no matter how hard you try. Please depend on me."

I looked up at him with a startled look. "But-"