[2] A Taste of Magic

WARNING (cuz yall can't read lmao): Spells will be the same as Noelle's. They are the same bloodline AND have the same magic, with a variance of course. Pace will also be quick because I want to get to the good stuff and not the boring stuff. Don't like it? Don't comment, drop the book. Don't ruin my day. I'm taking time out of my life to write this and I don't need some NPC commenting on the lack of 'originality'.

Reader POV

"I cannot accept this," Captain Vangeance said with a frown, slapping the document down on his oak desk. "You two need at least one if not two more senior members in your group in order to form a team."

"Oh, come on!" I gave him the dirtiest glare. "Captain, this isn't fair! You let Klaus and Hamon go on a mission together!"

The captain took a deep breath and very calmly spoke. "I only allowed them to go together since Hamon is a well-rounded mage who has plenty of experience."

Well-rounded, hell yeah. Bro eats so much. I heard him throwing up, poor man.

"But-"

"(y/n). You're not ready to go," he said with a frown.

I clenched my fists. "Then why am I here?"

"Pardon?"

"Why am I in this squad if all I do is sit around like a freeloader." I looked down at the floor. "Captain, why exactly am I not ready to go? You said it yourself. I'm descended from high-magic users. You've seen what I could do. Why are you keeping me tied down here?"

He was about to say something when I shook my head.

"Nevermind. I'll go find something else to do." I saluted him and left the office. Yuno was about to say something when he noticed my frown.

"He said no?"

"He said no." I looked down. "I don't understand why he never lets me go. I've got magic skills that I know are powerful. Maybe it's just a matter of me showing off my magic..." I suddenly grabbed his hand. "Yuno! You should help me!"

"Let go of my hand," he snatched it away. "I'll help you, but I warn you. My magic-"

"I know it's powerful, dumbass. I watched you in the arena. Maybe if we battle each other and go all out, it won't matter who wins. It will show these spunky weirdoes just how powerful we are!"

He frowned and shook his head. "Do you know what you're asking me to do, (y/n)?"

"Yeah."

People shot us dirty looks as we walked to the training ground but I knew that once they saw our power, they would want to team up.

And then that damn captain won't bother rejecting my appeal to go on a mission!

I pointed to a line between the court. "We'll try to knock each other out of the court. Understand? Oh, and don't you dare hold back. I know for damn sure you're powerful."

Yuno nodded.

"Ok." I summoned my grimoire and immediately launched an attack in him. "Water Creation Magic: Aqueous  de Norte!"

Yuno quickly blocked the spell. "Wind Creation Magic: Wind Barrier."

"Damn..." I cursed. "This is what I get."

"Wind Creation Magic: Wind Blades Shower."

I leaped up into the air, smiling. "Water Magic: Current of Poseidon." I rode on the air current and dodged all of his attacks. "Not bad, Yuno."

"To you as well." He nodded his respect to me before turning serious again. "Wind Magic: Towering Tornado."

I rode the air currents with ease and saw him moving toward me. "Water Creation Magic: Magic Bow." I launched an arrow made of water toward him, laughing when it soaked him.