[18] Traitor

Reader POV

A huge explosion in the middle of the night alerted everyone that we were under attack.

"Everyone! Get the children to the great temple!" Gifso shouted as multiple attacks came from outside the dome.

Yuno came running towards me, worry in his eyes. "(y/n), we need to leave. Now!"

"No! I came down here for a reason." I crafted a sword of water. "You know that."

He nodded and we ran off on our own directions, promising to find each other once the attack was over. "You'd better not die."

"I won't," I assured him with a smile. "They forget that water is my domain."

"Hurry! Eat this seaweed!" Kahono yelled. "Otherwise you'll drown!"

"What do you mean?" Some children looked at her with terror.

"It means the dome which protected us for centuries is coming down," Kanato said as she looked up with a grim look on her face.

"No! The dome is merged with the sea itself! It can't just come down?" Kahono squeezed her wrist. "Right?"

"My child, if you wish to save yourself then you must flee. Use your magic and escape while you still can!"

I was about to say something when a familiar green light appeared, flying to the top of the dome...only to illuminate something terrifying.

Surrounding the dome were hundreds of warriors hailing from Atlantis, all preparing to launch attacks at the dome.

"There's no way out!" A lady screamed as she grabbed her children. "Everyone for themselves!"

Her screams caused the rest to panic as parents began looking for their children and the other adults trying to find exits even though the only exits were through the dome which was completely surrounded.

The magical seaweed that allowed everyone to breathe water for a few hours was passed out to the warriors who exited the dome to fight the Atlantis warriors, only for them to be sent back to the dome with lethal wounds.

"Water Creation Magic: Valkyrie Dress!" I shot into the sky next to Yuno, both of us nodding once and shooting outside the dome to fight. I knew Yuno would be fine since he could use mana skin to keep him alive as well as the magical seaweed.

I watched with pride as Yuno moved the water currents around, throwing some of the Atlantis warriors off the dome. "Damn you, Yuno."

I fused my mana with the sea, focusing on the rushing water.

You are merging with the sea, (y/n). Kanato's words echoed in my ear as I struck down Atlantian soldiers. When the scales appear, the ancestors told us that it would be a few days or possibly weeks before you fully merge with the sea dragon and cultivate your magic with the sea.

Yuno and I joined our attacks as more warriors appeared, lightning from the surface far above showering the abyss with light.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this." I bit my lip as I created a huge vortex of water, trying to defend the dome as escape efforts were made.

Hundreds of Atlantean warriors came swimming with terrifying weapons but one stopped as soon as he saw what was happening. Water merged with me and I felt something change.

"Ceasefire!" He yelled.

I looked down and saw my feet were no longer moving, becoming joined together to reveal a beautiful (color) shimmering tail. Well shit. Then it looks like this is the next step for little Noelle, hm? Though I think she will fare better with the water spirit. Here I am fighting for my damn life.