[28] Rising Storm

For anyone asking, everyone (Yuno, Asta, Noelle, Leopold, Mimosa, (y/n))is around 25 years old now.

Reader POV

I was standing at the edge of the bay, a sadness in my eye. I lifted my hands and a tiny wave came towards me, to my surprise.

Had my connection with the ocean itself come back?

I did not know what to think, but I knew that it was huge. I went back to the base, feeling good. A few members I passed by saluted and went about their daily tasks as rain started to pound the windows.

Hours seemed to tick by as paperwork after paperwork was organized neatly and sorted.

"Vice Captain?"

I looked up to see one of the exchange mages, a distant relative of Princess Lolopechka. "Yes, Destiny?"

She saluted then showed me a type of instrument. "My water meters are showing it's going to be a rough hurricane season,

I looked at her instrument and quickly realized what she meant. I got out a special map and placed a drop of pure water from the sea on it. Though I had once been merged with the sea and came back through the Hall of Memory back at the Underwater Temple and with the power of the Atlanteans, I still could not control the sea as I had back then. "The coastal waters are a breeding ground for hurricanes."

"Indeed," Destiny said with a worried face.

I packed the map away and looked at her. "I am going to inform my father. I will call an emergency meeting with the captains and vice captains."

"You can do that?" Destiny asked as I put the rest of my files away.

"Only during state emergencies. I have been watching the water too. Don't worry, we have been saved before in the past from hurricanes. I will go inform the Captain via telecom."

"Shouldn't he come back for this?" Destiny asked.

"He's on his honeymoon," I explained with a bit of annoyance. "He left the squad in my care for the next few months, but he is still captain and his orders are absolute."

"Not that you pay mind to that," Alecdora said as he passed my office. "I'll let the others know where you are."

I gave him a grateful nod. "Thank you. For now, take command of the squad while I'm in the meeting."

"Really?" He looked at me with such surprise.

"Yes. Come, Destiny."

"Wait, I get to go with you?"

"Of course."

"Won't the wizard king be weirded out if I come?"

I gave her a pointed look as I jumped from my balcony and created a chariot from water, her following me and we zoomed off. "He's my father. He won't question me, and you definitely deserve to be in the meeting."

Feeling pleased with herself, she grew excited and we were near the castle soon enough. I informed my father what was going on and in ten minutes, a meeting was held in his secret chamber that was immune to magic outside, meaning no one except those in the room knew what was being said.

"This is serious," Julius said with a grim face. The captains and vice captains nodded in agreement.

"(y/n), where is your captain?" Nozel said with a pointed look. "Surely a state emergency is more important than his honeymoon?"

"Leave him alone, he's on his way." I glared daggers at my cousin. Solid threw me an annoyed look, me recalling how he would call his brother insufferable, though it was a mutual feeling.